Easy Money + Variations

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
This was originally posted on Penguin Magic. The writer is a very good friend of mine and asked me to post this here.

I decided to make this post to inform people of the best trick in the world. Patrick Page's Easy Money. I put this in General Magic, because it's not really a review. Here, I will discuss all of the variations of Easy Money, and my thoughts on them. I love this trick, and I have purchased every variation. I will also give you links to where you can purchase the effects. I will edit this post every time a new variation comes out. Let's start with the original...

Easy Money: Invented by Patrick Page, Easy Money is the first paper to money effect. The gimmick is genius, and super easy to make. Any amount of bills are folded in half, and then flung open and they changed. I have only found this trick taught in four places.
-HERE is a DVD with Patrick Page teaching. It's Patrick Page's Rope Magic and Magic with Paper DVD.
-HERE is Michael Ammar teaching Patrick Page's effect. It's Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Miracles DVD. Michael is a great teacher, and the other tricks on this DVD are well worth it.
-HERE is a booklet teaching Easy Money. I This is only available from Magic Inc, which is located in Illinois. The booklet is not very long, and is printed by Magic Inc. It not only explains how the effect is done, it tells some history on the effect as well. There are many illustrations, which are all drawn by Jay Marshall. It's a very good booklet. Also, I only paid about $6, they muse have not updated their website.
-HERE is another place to learn Easy Money. It's Fred Kaps' Lecture Notes. The trick "Newspaper to Dollars" is what I assume to be Easy Money. I don't have the notes so I cannot confirm this.

Improvement by Fred Kaps: A good friend of Patrick Page, Fred Kaps improved the original Easy Money. His improvement made it super easy to perform the effect. He decided to fold the bills differently. As far as I know, you can see the improvements in the Michael Ammar DVD and the Easy Money booklet.

Hundy 500: Tim Trono urged Gregory Wilson to release this masterpiece. This does NOT use the same gimmick as Easy Money. The gimmick is improved and allows a much cleaner display of all the bills. You basically spin the folded packet of bills, and the change into a different denomination. It's not too difficult to do, but does require practice. This is available in two formats.
-HERE is Gregory Wilson teaching his effect on DVD. It covers everything you need, with multiple angles.
-I am not sure if a booklet was released of Hundy 500. A few of my friends claim to have it. I couldn't find it, but I should mention it anyways.

Show Me the Money: I am ashamed to include this. Magic Makers did a bad thing. This is a total knock-off of Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500. You can find this on one DVD.
-HERE is the DVD, The Reserve. It knocks-off many great tricks, and I don't recommend this DVD.

Paper to Money Plus: This does not use the same gimmick as Hundy 500 or Easy Money. It used a totally different gimmick, which I don't particularly like. It is visual, though. There is a demo of this effect on one of the Reel Magic Quarterly issues. This is a trick you have to buy singly.
-HERE is the trick.

Handy 500: Found as a bonus in a DVD, not a lot of people heard of this variation. Dan White, the man who taught Digital Dissolve on the DVD, invented this. It uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500. This variation is worth considering because the bills change inside the spectator's hand. The spectator holds the five bills, and you wave your hand over them and they change. This can only be found as a bonus on a DVD.
-HERE is Juan's Hundred Dollar Bill Switch. As a bonus on this DVD, Dan White quickly teaches his Handy 500. The gimmick is not taught, and he goes over everything quickly.

Slow Burn: Richard Sanders, an awesome guy, created one of the most visual variations to date. The gimmick is the same as Hundy 500. In this, the bills visibly change with a wave of the hand. HERE is a new demo of the effect. Otherwise, you can see the original demo on many magic sites. There are two places to learn this effect.
-HERE is the original Slow Burn DVD. Richard teaches this expertly and there are different angles. If you really want to learn this effect, get this DVD.
-HERE Richard Sanders quickly teaches Slow Burn. I will talk more about this DVD in a little while.

Heiny 500: Karl Hein's variation is arguably the best on the market. John Lovick, otherwise known as Handsome Jack, still thinks this is the best variation to date. Five bills slowly and visibly change to a higher denomination. This uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500. The gimmick is quickly explained, and a little hard to comprehend. This effect can be found in two places.
-HERE is the effect taught on a high quality DVD produced by Kozmo Magic. Everything is taught well, except for the gimmick.
-This can also be found in Karl's lecture DVD. The DVD is only available through Karl Hein's lecture. I have yet to see this DVD, so I don't know much about it.

3D Cash: I do not have this DVD. In this, there are three bill changes. I have no idea what the gimmick is. I heard complaints about the packet being too large and noticeable. Also, I heard the DVD was not produced that well. I will be getting this on my next Penguin Magic order.
-HERE is Mark Allen teaching this effect on DVD.

Vicissitube: I do not have this. This is taught on a DVD as one of the tricks. I have heard good things about this variation. I will be purchasing this in my next Penguin Magic order.
-HERE is Cory Burke's DVD Voracity. On this DVD, there are many tricks taught. One of the tricks is Vicissitube.

Extreme Burn: From the creator of Slow Burn, comes the most visual variation ever. Richard Sanders is awesome for thinking of this. This uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500, with a little something extra to make all of the changes work. There are nine hyper-visual changes on this DVD. I wrote a review for this HERE. This is the best variation ever to be concocted.
-HERE is the Extreme Burn DVD. It teaches how to make the gimmick and all nine changes expertly. Slow Burn is one of the nine changes.

Prophet: Theory 11 released this at a bad time. Tom Isaacson has created an interesting variation with permission from Patrick Page. There are two changes taught on this DVD. This uses the same gimmick as Hundy 500. I wrote a review for this HERE.
-HERE is the only place you can learn Prophet. It is taught by Tom Isaacson in 32 minutes.

Alpha Cash: This variation is by Jay Noblezada, and is not out yet.
-HERE is Jay Noblezada's DVD Money, in which this trick is taught in.
-HERE is Jay Noblezada's DVD Download Money, in which this trick is taught.

Finally, I am done. I do own all of the above except 3D Cash, Vicissitube, and Alpha Cash. I will be getting those in my next order. If you know of any other variations, please tell me. Also, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please post them. This took me a long time to make and I want it to be perfect. I think Mods should Sticky this :D.

Jeff

Aug 31, 2007
Easy. Extreme Burn is the best on the market. I have been having a lot of fun with Prophet, though.

I don't like Extreme burn. It doesn't have that nice "crispy" feeling and I don't like the gimmick. Prophet IMO is the best. Heiny 500 really doesn't look good to me.

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
I don't own a bill change yet, but I'm looking into buying one, very soon. DG told me that Prophet was good, but he thinks EB is better, "insane" was the word that he used. I think I'll pick them both up though eventually, but I'd go with what he says before anyone else.

Sep 7, 2008
I am the writer of this post, and I have some updates:

Foreign Exchange: A marketed item from Jim Pace, uses the same gimmick as Patrick Page’s “Easy Money”.
-I was not able to find this marketed item anywhere.

Money for Nothin' and Tricks for Free: This by Phil Cass of Australia and is also virtually identical to “Easy Money”.
-HERE is a place where Phil's lecture notes can be found, "OH NO! NOT A MAGICIAN!!", which contains this effect.

Dollarama:: A marketed item from Bob King. It is based on Fred Kaps’s “Flash Cash”, but the gimmick has been changed a bit so the moment of transformation is altered slightly.
-HERE is one place you can get this marketed effect.

Lotto Cash: This is by Peter Studebaker. It is similar to Kaps’s “Flash Cash”—a handful of lottery tickets turns into a handful of dollar bills. However, the bills are attached to the gimmick at an angle, giving the transformation a slightly different look. An added advantage is that the tickets and bills can be different sizes.
-HERE is one place you can buy his DVD, "Classic Studebaker", which contains this effect.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo clip to the DVD.

Dubya’s Tax Rebate: This is a marketed version of Kaps’s “Flash Cash”. Blank pieces of paper change into novelty $200 bills with George W. Bush’s portrait.
-I was not able to find this marketed item anywhere.

Sep 7, 2008
HandOut 500: This is a marketed bill switch by Steve Haynes. It utilizes a new gimmick, which takes away the extra thickness of the bills. Also, you can now handout all five bills after the change. You also show both sides of the bills as they change.
-HERE is the place you can purchase HandOut 500. It's a DVD containing HandOut 500 plus a bonus effect. It's a "Paul Harris Presents" release.
VIDEO: HERE is the demo video for HandOut 500.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Very insightful post. I was wondering which of these effects/gimmicks are suitable for Australian Money? Australian money is made of plastic (much like thick cling wrap), and has transparent holes in the bottom corner.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results