Great site and all BUT...

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED BUT I'LL LEAVE IT HERE IN CASE IT HELPS SOMEBODY ELSE.

Hey it's me, this is one of my first posts and stuff but...
Sorry if this turns into a bit of a rant, it isn't meant to be.

Ok, basically I invented a trick. I thought it was quite good. I called it Merge and it was my little Merge and yeah so...
Anyway, whilst browsing T11, I came across a link that said 'Submit A Trick'. I thought hey! Great! and promptly emailed a clip of Merge, following all instructions on the site.
Now maybe Merge isn't what T11 is looking for, but it's nearly a week later and I still haven't got a reply. Now what do I think? Do they not like it? or did it never arrive? I guess I will never know.

What I'm saying is - surely they could take a minute saying something like
'Thankyou for submiting a trick. It isn't what we are looking for but we appreciate your attempt.'
Maybe that isn't the best but you get the idea. It would only take a minute of somebody's time and I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd just like to say that it's a great site apart from that and I really respect everyone that worked to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
They're pretty busy people. They probably get a great deal of submissions and simply cannot reply to every one.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Yeah, it is a standard practice to only inform you IF they are interested. You can pretty much assume they got it, and if you really have doubts, submit it twice, not a great practice, but if your page froze or something as you were loading and you have legitimate reasons to think it may not have worked, the re-submit, otherwise, assume they have received it and move on.
Just don't hold your breath.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Hey it's me, this is one of my first posts and stuff but...
Sorry if this turns into a bit of a rant, it isn't meant to be.

Ok, basically I invented a trick. I thought it was quite good. I called it Merge and it was my little Merge and yeah so...
Anyway, whilst browsing T11, I came across a link that said 'Submit A Trick'. I thought hey! Great! and promptly emailed a clip of Merge, following all instructions on the site.
Now maybe Merge isn't what T11 is looking for, but it's nearly a week later and I still haven't got a reply. Now what do I think? Do they not like it? or did it never arrive? I guess I will never know.

What I'm saying is - surely they could take a minute saying something like
'Thankyou for submiting a trick. It isn't what we are looking for but we appreciate your attempt.'
Maybe that isn't the best but you get the idea. It would only take a minute of somebody's time and I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd just like to say that it's a great site apart from that and I really respect everyone that worked to make it.

Here it your answer direct from Wayne:

Hey guys - you would not believe the number of submissions that we receive on a daily basis. We just don't have enough time to respond to all of them. We DO look at each & every one, but to be honest, we've been so busy working on the projects that we already have in our pipeline (TNR etc.) that we just haven't had time to really start moving on the submissions. We will soon & if we think your submission will work - we will contact you for more information.

Also, just because we don't contact you doesn't mean that we don't like your effect - please don't take anything personally. For example, we have received a ton of torn & restored card submissions - because of our product TNR, we won't really have a market for a torn & restored card for a little while. This doesn't mean that we dislike those submissions, or that they aren't great effects, it just means that they don't currently fit what we're looking for.

I hope this answers your questions & again, don't take it personally if you don't hear back from us. Happy holidays & I'll talk to you soon!

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?p=35078#post35078highlight=submitted+trick

Cheers,

Jim

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Basically a card is freely selected. It is shuffled into the deck. A joker is taken, examined and placed on the bottom. It is shaken, only to have the spectators card fused with it eg. Their card is the ace of spades. You see the joker with a big fancy spade printed in the middle. It can also be printed on the back of the card if you want. Anyway, the magician then deals the bottom card out and it's turned into the spectators card. The joker turns up on top of the deck!

Sorry that wasn't a brilliant explanation but I'm in a bit of a hurry.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results