Believe, bang for buck?

Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Hey guys,
I'm kind of new to T11, this is my first thread. I have been with Ellusionsit and its threads for quite a while now, and I have always kept my eye on T11, now I have decided I want to purchase something from here, but I need some advice.

I am looking to purchase Believe. I'm concerned at the fact that I have to rip cards every time. This will shorten my deck supply a lot and I am wondering if the DVD includes any other way of doing the trick without ripping cards? Also, is Believe worth its money??

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to be the first reply! I do not have believe but I will get it soon, because at that price for an impromptu effect, you can't go wrong. As for the doing it without tearing, that really wouldn't be Believe would it?

Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Thanks for the quick reply!
The only problem I have with it is i think it would waste cards and waste out a deck pretty soon. Say, with only 5 preformances, you would waste a few cards, which would make a deck unusable.

Sep 1, 2007
If you don't like ripping cards or if it's not your style, just don't get Believe.

Or yes, you can do what people have said and use old cards.

My opinion.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
stop exposing how the trick is done ..... and yes.. use a black deck...
BLACK = dirty edges = old old old old deck

How is suggesting maybe forcing a card exposing the effect - Believe is done with no force, it's a free choice, so suggesting someone should force an old card isn't exposure in the least.

Believe is a great effect, I started performing it a while ago and it's so simple, really nice plot - it really does kill.

I haven't picked up the download yet, but It's T11 - you can rest assured that the teaching is going to be great, the stylistic element and the quality of what you will learn is supreme.

D.

Oct 6, 2007
How could Believe be done without tearing p a card?

The whole essence of the trick is that a wrong card corner cahnges into the selection, along with the rest of the card....which was shown to be different and torn.

Without it, it would just be a simple restoration.

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
I am looking to purchase Believe. I'm concerned at the fact that I have to rip cards every time. This will shorten my deck supply a lot and I am wondering if the DVD includes any other way of doing the trick without ripping cards?
Thanks guys.

Why does everyone keep worrying about ripping cards? You can go to certain stores and buy them in bulk by getting 12 packs of Bicycles mind you for only 15 or so. That'll be enough for OVER 300 seperate performances, i don't know about you but it will take me just a "lil" amount of time to perform an effect like believe over 300 times *312 is how many time you can perform with 12 packs to be exact unless you include jokers*.

Now if all you do is order cards off the internet or something like that or you only use cards like guardians, split spades, ghosts, exc. then sure I can see where your coming from. However you can always just go get a double pack of bicycles from walmart for $3 dollars (there at the checkout lines near all the tooth brushes and stuff like that incase you think that's a good deal or you don't believe me) and that'll give you 52 performances.

I think the reactions you'll get are worth $3 and the "agony" of ripping a card which is going to be destroyed sooner or later anyway. That's just my opinion hope it helps.

Dec 8, 2007
I understand why people react on posts like "I don't want to tear my cards" with messages like "dude, come on, it's just $3 for two decks, which means 52 performances!", but please imagine a lot of T11 (and other magic comunities) visitors don't live in the USA, and thus can't buy decks of good-quality cards like Bicycles at such a cheap price!

For example: I live in the Netherlands, where they don't even sell bikes or other USPCC cards AT ALL! They only sell stupid bridge size non-brand playing cards (really bad for doing magic/flourishing) where I come from, which means I have to buy all my "magic decks" from the interent, including shipping coasts every time! For example one deck of bikes coast me a minimum of (a total of) 7 dollars! And for a non-working high school student like me it's really not that easy to buy decks like these so now and then (because of this I useually buy multiple magic stuff at once, which is cheaper overall)

If you look at it this way, you'll (hopefully) understand why people like Illushunest ask these things!

And to fully awnser your question: no, it's not possible to do Believe without tearing the corner(s). But beside of that, its a really nice trick, although the "special move" to change the card+corner does require quite some practise... ;)

Cheers,

~Morphweasel

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Take a page out of my book every time I decide to take out a new deck where the bar code is on the old card box I put an X meaning cards that i can destroy have signed etc.... Also you can do this for gimmicked decks and you spectator will never know i.e. Invisible deck I write ID rising card I write RC etc....

Hope this helps.

-Michael

Oct 28, 2007
i would say just get it because tearing normal cards is not really that bad. As for the people who can't easily obtain them just go to an online shop or Ebay and get them cheap.

Jan 2, 2008
Canada
First of all guys, thanks for all the advice and I really do appreciate it.
I have considered buying decks in bulk or in pairs, and that sounds great. Its also very available for me because I live in Canada, and we have normal Bikes and in fact I just heard of a great deal in Costco: 12 decks for $13. They are intended for resale (just like the rest of Costco's products) so they're really cheap. Thanks guys again for the awesome advice. I hope I will be picking this up soon.

First of all guys, thanks for all the advice and I really do appreciate it.
I have considered buying decks in bulk or in pairs, and that sounds great. Its also very available for me because I live in Canada, and we have normal Bikes and in fact I just heard of a great deal in Costco: 12 decks for $13. They are intended for resale (just like the rest of Costco's products) so they're really cheap. Thanks guys again for the awesome advice. I hope I will be picking this up soon.

Actually it is 9 decks for that price. I've been a few times, and it is most likely the same Costco your referring to since I live in Vancouver myself.

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results