Believe Review by Fans

Sep 3, 2007
I am not usually one to review a product unless I really like it or (B). I think it's worthy of the trash can.

Here is one product that has you going to the trash can over and over again.

And that is what stands out about it, although you're going to the trash each time you perform, it's still a killer effect!

The DVD is all done in fast speed high action moves that you have to learn to do the trick. Isn't that what we all want? High speed moves to kill and destroy an army of spectators?

Some-may-take-it the wrong way and think you must know a one-handed double before you can perform this!

The downlo: all you really need is a trashcan and one basic easy 'move'.

This is absolutely a great effect, don't worry about all of the moves the creator does, I personally think it's too much for the spectators to keep focus on with this straighforward of a trick. Look over here, oh I flipped the packets and cut so crazy there's no way I would know were the card is. Although with the preciseness of my actions there's no way I couldn't know... Or is there?

That's the one thing I wasn't sure about this video. The effect perfectly lends itself to the cleanest of clean and the way its performed and taught is just not for my blood. If you are the type to throw flashy stuff into routines such as this one, a suggestion is to use your own personal style of flashyness. Which could have been said with a few words. Sit down an figure out how you can do this on your own. For me, I've already torn a whole deck just trying to get the tear and laydown correct (cards go fast with this, 2 per practice/performance).

That is just personal opinion though, I would rather they remember the cards changing and have no thoughts about 'card skill.'

Its so simple it's genious, the small torn peice sitting next to the big torn peice, and the visual of the small peice changing might indeed create the idea/memory that the big peice changed just as magically. I wouldn't be surprised if someone told their friends after seeing this "and he waved his hand over the corner and it changed... And then he waved over the big peice and it changed in the same exact way, I could see the colors magically change..."

Well, sorry for being so sloppy when first posting this, as someone mentions below I was in a hurry and meant to come back and tidy it up.

This is a great effect though, just be prepared to go through a few decks while practicing.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
I am not usually one to review a product unless I really like it or (B). I think it's worthy of the trash can.

Here is one product that has you going to the trash can over and over again.

And that is what stands out about it!

The DVD is all done in fast speed high action moves that you have to learn to do the trick. Isn't that what we all want? High speed moves to kill and destroy an army of ants-isemat... HmmmHmm Ants?

Some-may-take-it the wrong way!

This is absolutely a great effect, don't worry about all of the moves the creator does, sit down an figure out how you can do this on your own.

Peace.

Wow. That review made about as much sense as project Iraqi Freedom. What the hell are you trying to say?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I'm a bit confused. Do you like this effect or not? You said it was absolutely great, but worthy of the trash. You say figure out how to do it all on your own. It all contradicts itself. However, assuming this was a *real* review, and you did not like the effect, here's what I have to say about it:

I love how you said this trick deserves the trash can, but didn't elaborate. Sucky review, for a great effect= not justified. The "flashy and hish speed" moves aren't necessary, and Joel even says so. One Handed Braue Reversal- looks good, but you don't have to do it. One Handed Double Lift- looks good, but you don't have to do it. He even says that sometimes it's better to use a normal Double Lift. Obviously the effect can't be that bad, as this is the first negative review I've seen for this effect... that is, if you can call this a review.

May 9, 2008
Believe!

I'm a bit confused. Do you like this effect or not? You said it was absolutely great, but worthy of the trash. You say figure out how to do it all on your own. It all contradicts itself. However, assuming this was a *real* review, and you did not like the effect, here's what I have to say about it:

I love how you said this trick deserves the trash can, but didn't elaborate. Sucky review, for a great effect= not justified. The "flashy and hish speed" moves aren't necessary, and Joel even says so. One Handed Braue Reversal- looks good, but you don't have to do it. One Handed Double Lift- looks good, but you don't have to do it. He even says that sometimes it's better to use a normal Double Lift. Obviously the effect can't be that bad, as this is the first negative review I've seen for this effect... that is, if you can call this a review.

I think what he meant is that you're going to the trash can over and over again because you are tearing up cards every time you perform this illusion. The cards are then trash, so you bring them to the trash can.

Oct 28, 2007
I think what he meant is that you're going to the trash can over and over again because you are tearing up cards every time you perform this illusion. The cards are then trash, so you bring them to the trash can.

ohhhhh, ok i re-read it (again) and i know what he means, this is a positve review for the effect, i think he was in a rush.

but yeah this trick is awsome and is one of my favorite impromptu effects but it does leave a lot of trash after practicing.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Oh, ok, I get it now. Well, I'm glad he doesn't mean that this effect belongs in the trash can; he definitely could have worded that better!

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Wow. Yeah I just wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this. A review is supposed to give the reader some information and an overview so one can assess the product, of which this has neither.

If you were in a hurry its understandable, just wait until you actually have time to provide some information.

Sep 3, 2007
Wow. Yeah I just wasted 10 seconds of my life reading this. A review is supposed to give the reader some information and an overview so one can assess the product, of which this has neither.

If you were in a hurry its understandable, just wait until you actually have time to provide some information.

I also feel like I waste 10 seconds here and then when reading what's your favorite card posts. However, I don't blurt out how ridiculous they are.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
When he was saying that it deserves the trash can I got so nervous cause I recently ordered it, but when I read on to the part where he says it's a killer effect even though you have to go to the trach can a lot I understood and there was a sigh of relief, thanks for the review!

Sep 3, 2007
When he was saying that it deserves the trash can I got so nervous cause I recently ordered it, but when I read on to the part where he says it's a killer effect even though you have to go to the trach can a lot I understood and there was a sigh of relief, thanks for the review!

No problem, I don't usually post here but had to come by and give praise for this one. I'm rewatching right now, and though I wouldn't choose the flashy cut reversal and one-handed double moves for this routine, they are really good utility moves. And who knows many of you won't mind using them for this as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results