Guardians clump?

OK, so I got my 6 pack of guardians today, and I have so far opened 1 up. When I first opened it, I was blown. away.

These cards are sweet! Their design kicks butt, and they handled really nicely.

Unfortunately, the second part of that sentence only lasted for about an hour.

After less than an hour of handling, my deck started to clump up and wear out like no deck ever has before.

My Guardian is worn out in an hour like a normal bike would be after about a week of use.

I don't want to open up another yet, so can you tell me: are they all like this? Do they all clump like crazy after an hour of use, or did I get a flawed deck?

Thanks,

-Zodiac-

I don't understand... I've heard a lot of mixed things. I've heard they are the same grade as Vipers, I've heard they're just like Bikes and I've heard that they're worse than Bikes! I can't wait for mine to get here... So I can find out for myself... =P

I don't understand... I've heard a lot of mixed things. I've heard they are the same grade as Vipers, I've heard they're just like Bikes and I've heard that they're worse than Bikes! I can't wait for mine to get here... So I can find out for myself... =P

yeah that's weird, I'll pm you in a short while once mine arrive and I'll test them and out and let you know if it's just your deck. Because you could have just had really hot and sweaty hands and the weather couldve added extra damage and if you used the excessively for an hour straight you never know.

-RA69

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Who knows, it could have been your hands, maybe you were sweating or something like that. Perhaps you were so excited that you mishandled the deck.

Just some thoughts.

Mitchell

Remember when the vipers and ghosts came out?

First time i held them it was like my hands were having a cardgasm.

Got all sweaty. Cards clumped.

~Jordan

guys be calm. all card uv 5000000 finish or air cusion are gonna have a variance. i had a deck of ghosts i used the other day for some mem deck work lasted 2 days and the sob started to bow and pop and i couldn;t faro the suckers. the deck of regular bikes i opened the same day are fine.

just remember that just because its a special deck, god hath not granted them special powers.

open another one, wash your hands.

if its overly dry or humid, n=don;t expect them to last long.... they are just cards

another note/hint i suspect in your happiness you were handling the cards lost doing fancy hip things the kids do or what not. your body heat will warp the cards after a little while let them sit over night in the box in the morning your cards shall find salvation

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
another note/hint i suspect in your happiness you were handling the cards lost doing fancy hip things the kids do or what not. your body heat will warp the cards after a little while let them sit over night in the box in the morning your cards shall find salvation

I stick mine in the fridge/freezer over night.

It helps keep them in great condition.
I dont know why though.

~Jordan

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
woo i just read like this page and i am like whose this guy he just posted the whole page then i relized its 2 people joshua barret and jordan garret lol.
I hope you just had sweaty hads i have 4 on the way

Aug 31, 2007
Hey mate, try some fanning powder, also try to keep your hands dry like your best to wash them before you start to play with them, and then dry them throughly. That should help with the cards lasting longer.

Hayden.

Sep 1, 2007
Keep this in mind:

Dont fully blame the deck of cards when it wears down too quickly or too long.
Your handling of the cards is what matters most. Quality just comes second.

Here is my theory: You are too excited about the gorgeous deck that your hand are sweating ( even slightly) when you were handling them. You know what that will cause.

It could be the quality of the cards. But since some people say that it surpasses the Vipers, then some say it is worse than Bikes, I am inclined to think that it is not because of the quality, but it is mainly because how you handle the cards.

I remembered when I got my first deck of cards, Regular Bikes. It only lasted for 3 days! But afterwards, the following decks that I bought have a more lengthy "life-span" than the preceeding. The next lasted for 5 days. To a week. To a few weeks. It is because of the things I learned about card handling. Now, my deck of cards ( regular bikes ) lasts me about 3 weeks of performance. Not because it wears, but because they lessen in number. I do a lot of card effects that involves card mutilation. Including signatures. ). But the quality of the cards are still acceptible. What I do is I add them to an old pack of remnants and use them as practcie mediums.

So learn proper card handling. You will be surprised how your deck's life-span would lengthen.

Alel

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
IT hink it is in the nature of decks when they first come out to clump, not because of the deck but because of your excitement. Therefore no new deck will last long under the heat and moist conditions of an excited magician practicing his ACR.
IAm getting mine today whenever the UPS guy drops it off.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results