Session:the magic of joel givens By Joshua Jay

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Where did you purchase the product?
Joshuajay.com
How much was it?
$100 deluxe (what I got leather bound including the companion, 5:47) $40 for the paperback
Give a brief description of the effect(s) possible with this item if applicable.
There are a lot
Here are some that stood out
Peek: an effect where the deck is held at the ends and riffled while you turn away, you have them peek, then immeaditly shuffle the cards, when you turn back you can tell them the card they took.

Silly Psychic: Any book is used, you never have to see the book in advance, you flip through the pages facing them until they say stop, they note the first word, and you are able to get it and write it on a notecard, could be psychic, could be presented as memorized all books.

Ninja Coin: Very, Very clean Karate coin routine

Brain Cleaner: Very fun Idea, stick a Q-tip fairly far into your head

Matches all Gone: matches vanish from a matchbook in the specs hand with a wave of a wand (a straw), then upon openingthe straw it is filled with the matches.

Hover: A floating deck

Cup O’Joel: magician shows spec how do invisibly put cream in to coffee only to reseal the creamer container, when the spec opens the creamer it is half full
Does it live up to its advertisement?

What do you like about it?
It is written like a story, and all the effects flow to the next, also many different characters enter, waitresses, hecklers, bartenders, who Joel performs for. Great pictures. Great effects, there is stuff with cards and coins, stuff for close-up and stand-up, just about everything except for illusion plans.
What don't you like about it?
Last effect is purposefully not explained,
What skill level is the product best suited to?
Someone who has good knowledge of basic card and coin sleights, many new moves are taught in the book and explained well, but palming and double lifts and such are assumed to be known.

iv been doing the ninja coin regularly with a stone coin finish i added on suggest of a friend of joel. killer routine.

i did cup of joel of a magician friend at a meeting.... he got kinda giddy lol

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I have to say I skipped more memory man at my first reading, I was trying to get through the book, I skiped also the EZ aces. I kind of wanted something for later, without putting the book down.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results