How long does a deck last you?

May 14, 2008
Just interested to know how long a deck of cards last you.

Ive only been practising flourishing and a few tricks for 2 weeks and ive been through 2 decks of normal cards (not bicycle or split spades).

These normal decks cost about £3 ($6)
also how long do the centurions, lions, shadow masters, ghosts etc last? :)

Feb 23, 2008
Just interested to know how long a deck of cards last you.

Ive only been practising flourishing and a few tricks for 2 weeks and ive been through 2 decks of normal cards (not bicycle or split spades).

These normal decks cost about £3 ($6)
also how long do the centurions, lions, shadow masters, ghosts etc last? :)

It varies with me on the finish - standard bikes will last me a few weeks (i use them till they're unrecognisable lol) masters edition which i am using at the minute have lasted me quite a long time actually - ghost last a very long time they are nice cards, shadow masters i havnt used full time so i wouldnt know bout them other than that GET TALLYS!!!

-:// Matt //:-

May 14, 2008
ive only just started but i cudnt resist the temptation of the bikes!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 10, 2008
It depends on the deck, but for most cards I use they last me either a week of casual use, or one night of actual performances. For practicing, I can usually get a full week out of a new deck provided I don't rip any up. Card clips help.

Lexington

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
I throw my deck away before they are bad. I don't know why, but I always throw them away in one way or other. Like practicing card throwing or drop the in the trash can like Dan or Dave in the Portable Playground video. Anyway when I don't throw them away, I can use them for months. :) I need to stop throwing my cards away, but the only main reason I throw them away is because the box looks like nothing! ;)

You guys are going to go nutty when I tell you what I can make them last for. It's crazy and you'll all hate me. But I actually perform everyday.

When practicing I always use a junky deck of cards first untill I ahve the method down. If you use junky practice cards then you won't have to worry about dropping them or anything.

Also, I can get a normal deck of bikes to last me 3 months. I can get a custom deck to last half a year. People will probably freak when I say this but.... I still have my fist ghost deck that I purchased 2 years ago.

It still has all of its cards and is in a usable condition still.

Dylan P.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
One to two months for me. I am a hand washing freak and will never touch my cards unless I just washed my hands. I also store them in the safest conditions and keep most of my decks in card guards. If I am walking home from school and it is raining outside, I rotate the card guarded deck in my pocket accordingly so it will not get wet.

Oct 16, 2007
Well I live in a VERY humid and hot country T_T so cards don't last as long as they do if I go to a cooler country for holidays. Usually normal Bikes or Tally's last me 2-3 weeks, but my black tigers last me 1 month and still going. So I'm good.

Apr 8, 2008
the bike box dies in 1 week.
my cards live forever... that is approx 3 months :D
then i use it for jay sankey's paperclipped, then throw them away :p

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
my ghost deck has lasted me 5 months so far...i think thts the best deck...i bent them a lot did everything to them and they jus flattened back out. but the black decks tht i have they get white around the edges fast and i hatee that.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
wow.some of you guys go through cards quick.
ive used the same bicycle guardians for over 6 months now.(and i use them everyday.in magic and flourishes)
i cant bring myself to throw them away.and they still fan pretty good.
I only use a card clip to keep them in though.ive never bought fanning powder.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results