Guardian Trick Decks

Sep 1, 2007
First off I would like to say that as a newish member of the magic community I am blown away at the dedicated awesome people I have talked to on the forums. Second I would like to present my question. Will Theory 11 release Gaff decks in guardian style cards. For example, as a person chomping at the bit to make a total switch to guardians, I would love to replace my Svengali, invisible deck and others with these awesome guardian cards. If any of the T11 guys or anyone who has heard anything about this subject could answer that would be great!

Thanks

mormonmob

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I would love to receive a guardian deck with a double backer, thats all the gaff I need... I hope T-11 dont release INVISIBLE, SVENGALI, RISING, STRIPPER decks..

Cheers

Aris

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
it would be good if they replaced the ad cards for gaff cards like th tiger deck it would just be so much more useful as we can see products online why waste a card which could be used on a gaff

it would be good if they replaced the ad cards for gaff cards like th tiger deck it would just be so much more useful as we can see products online why waste a card which could be used on a gaff

A couple people said it comes with a double backer, which is good, since I have at LEAST a few tricks from Justin Miller's lecture notes I need double backs for, and I ordered 6 Guardians, can't wait!

Thanks,
Evan

(PS:Ya, and are you making deck shells are everything else?)

Sep 1, 2007
I would love to receive a guardian deck with a double backer, thats all the gaff I need... I hope T-11 dont release INVISIBLE, SVENGALI, RISING, STRIPPER decks..

Cheers

Aris

lol, I don't think they would release a svengali deck or invisible deck for the guardians. Thats just like saying , "yes, this is a new weird deck that you have never seen and yes you are right it is gimmicked"

Sep 1, 2007
Not Getting It

the whole Idea behind having guardian gaffed decks is so that I am using the same deck through the whole routine.... I cant exactly use guardians the whole time and then switch to a red backed bicycle because is is the only way to get my Svengali... in short... the gaffed guardians aren't suspicious if you use guardians through a whole routine and do deck switches for the gaffs... I am too excited about guardians to learn that I cant really use them because certain Svengali effects are important to my routine.

Sep 1, 2007
T 11

Well... I know this thread hasn't been up for too long but I am really hoping that someone from T11 can answer my origional question... I would love to make a total switch to guardians but am not sure that is possible if I am not able to get my gaffs that are important to my routine....

Pleading....

Sep 1, 2007
Honestly, there's almost nothing you can do with a Svengali that you can't do with normal cards. The only thing is riffling through showing them all to be the same. All the other tricks can be accomplished with good old slight of hand. I would suggest not using Svengalis, but it's your choice.

Sep 2, 2007

Cheers

Aris

Um, why? Those are all fine gimmicks, some of which have countless applications, and many people who want to switch over to guardians might want to use them. I mean, it is possible to MAKE some of those, I guess, but it would be nice for Guardian owners who are big fans of, say, Invisible deck to be able to buy an Invisible deck in Guardian format. How would anyone suffer from T11 releasing the Guardians in trick deck format?

And no, if you present your decks correctly, nobody will believe they are gimmicked. My trick decks (Invisible and Svengali) used to be in Ghost format, and nobody ever blinked at them because I always presented them in conjunction with an ungimmicked Ghost deck. If you present correctly, you could be holding a deck of glowing radioactive cards and still convince everyone they're normal.

Sep 1, 2007
Um, why? Those are all fine gimmicks, some of which have countless applications, and many people who want to switch over to guardians might want to use them. I mean, it is possible to MAKE some of those, I guess, but it would be nice for Guardian owners who are big fans of, say, Invisible deck to be able to buy an Invisible deck in Guardian format. How would anyone suffer from T11 releasing the Guardians in trick deck format?

And no, if you present your decks correctly, nobody will believe they are gimmicked. My trick decks (Invisible and Svengali) used to be in Ghost format, and nobody ever blinked at them because I always presented them in conjunction with an ungimmicked Ghost deck. If you present correctly, you could be holding a deck of glowing radioactive cards and still convince everyone they're normal.

finally someone understands my dilemma!

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I wouldn't go for the trick decks, for the invisible deck I think people want to see a deck that they usually see. For instance a blue or red backed bike. Once its not a deck that they always see, people suspect a gimmick.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
An Invisible Guardian Deck can easily be made with some roughing powder.
There's also a spray that you can purchase (It's a type of finish, the name escapes me right now) but I prefer the powder.

Aug 31, 2007
you can make your own invisible and stripper decks, anything you can do with a sengvali deck you can do with a normal deck,

Sep 2, 2007
you can make your own invisible and stripper decks, anything you can do with a sengvali deck you can do with a normal deck,

You can't make all the cards in the deck appear as the same card, but you're right that the almost everything done with a svengali deck can be done with a normal deck.

A Guardian gaff deck or a rising Guardian deck would be nice. Further, if the gimmicks for Distortion or Panic could be made for the Guardians, that would also suffice.

Cheers,
JTM

Oct 13, 2007
Just remember,

Tricks deck were invented to make sleight of hand easier and at a minimal. Almost ANYTHING performed with a trick deck can be done with a regular pack of cards.

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
I think the only trick deck that is necessary is a brainwave or invisible deck, most other trick decks are just stuff you can do with any normal deck of cards with good sleight of hand like an earlier post said.

Oct 13, 2007
I think the only trick deck that is necessary is a brainwave or invisible deck...

Quite Possibly.

Unless you have the fantastic tool of suggestion and card forces to accomplish a completely impromtu version. (Yes, that takes balls, but it is possible.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results