Just simple question for the Split Spades deck.

May 21, 2008
First of all, I'm foreigner so please understand my english grammar or things like that. I've bought a split spades deck recently and when I opened the deck I found that all cards were mixed up. There's no problem with the wrapper. Cards were only mixed and everythingelse was clean, only mixed. I just wonderd why they are all mixed. If there's anyone who knows why, let me know. ~~

Dec 3, 2007
Denmark
The black Split Spades Lions are set in a nmemonica stack. This means you can bring the deck out right off the box, false shuffle them, and show them to be apparently shuffled to the audience. In fact you have the cards in one of the most powerful stacks known to man.

Jan 11, 2008
New york
First of all, I'm foreigner so please understand my English grammar or things like that. I've bought a split spades deck recently and when I opened the deck I found that all cards were mixed up. There's no problem with the wrapper. Cards were only mixed and everything else was clean, only mixed. I just wonderd why they are all mixed. If there's anyone who knows why, let me know. ~~
Your grammar is a lot better then most of us.
"Eight kings threatened to save ninety-five queens for one sick knave"
I think I'm missing the 7.

Sep 8, 2007
www.youtube.com
The black Split Spades Lions are set in a nmemonica stack. This means you can bring the deck out right off the box, false shuffle them, and show them to be apparently shuffled to the audience. In fact you have the cards in one of the most powerful stacks known to man.

Where can I learn to use the nmemonica stack? Sounds pretty cool!

Apr 5, 2008
mnemonics

you can look up some books online...

there are a lot of resources for this, its for a bunch of mentalism trick.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
It's the BLUE deck that's stacked that way.....and that's NOT the stack it comes in....here's the stack:

9D AH 6C 10D QS 7C QD JS 9C AC 4D 7H 4S AD 10H 7S JC KH 10S 8C JD KS 5C 8D 3H 2C KD 5D 10C 6H 8S 3S JH 2D KC 9H 5S 6S 8H QC 3D QH 2S 9S 5H AS 6D 4H 3C 7D 2H 4C

going from the face to the back.

If anyone knows what this stack is, please let me know...I'm completely lost.

May 21, 2008
Ah... Again about the Split Spades deck

As I posted below, I got a new blue split spades deck mixed already when I opened it. Thanks for the people who answered my question but I can't understand what you are talking about. There's anyone who can explain in an easier way so I can understand?? Please |:[

Sep 3, 2007
For people looking to learn more about the memorised deck, Simon Aronson has a free essay on it called "Memorised Deck Magic".
http://www.simonaronson.com/magiciansonly.htm

If anyone wants to learn about this particular stack, purchase the book "Mnemonica" by Juan Tamariz. This is filled with hundreds (?)(IIRC) of effects which can be used with any memorised deck, as well as the effects which are unique to this particular stack.

Memorising a deck (I chose the Tamariz stack) and learing a killer false shuffle (Ben Earl: Past Midnight) was one of the most rewarding things I have done for my card magic. Not only does it open the door for some of the most amazing effects you can do with a deck of cards, but it can enhance tricks you already perform greatly. (Think: instead of "pick a card" its "name any card")

Jan 11, 2008
New york
"Eight kings threatened to save ninety-five queens for one sick Knave" 8 K 3 10 2 7 9 5 Q 4 1 6 J"

"CHASED"= Clubs Hearts Spades Diamonds

8C KH 3S 10D and you just keep going with the C H A S E D .... the word threatened stand for the number 3 and 10 put together.
Don't tell me theres a better set up. is there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
"Eight kings threatened to save ninety-five queens for one sick Knave" 8 K 3 10 2 7 9 5 Q 4 1 6 J"

CHASED= Clubs Hearts Spades Diamonds

Don't tell me theres a better set up. is there?

OMG! I've never heard of that stack. (CHASED I've heard of) but the quote is phenomenal. :)

Thank you!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results