S.C.On.K. by Jordan Johnson

Jan 26, 2008
So here is my review for Jordan Johnson’s SCOnK. Which stands for S.inged C.ard O.n K.eyring just if anyone was wondering :D Also let me state that the demo doesn’t do this effect justice(the camera angle isn’t good and Jordan doesn’t do any patter) and I was skeptical to get this because of that but I was presently surprised of how good this really is.

Effect: 9/10

This is a cool sandwich effect. The spectator selects and signs a card and has a hole punched right through the middle of their card. They replace it and the cards are mixed. You take out two jokers from your pocket and have the spectator examine them. You thread the jokers onto their borrowed key ring. No the cool part. They can shake the cards, you can shake the cards, and everyone sees that only two cards are on the key ring. You insert the two cards into the deck and when you pull them out a third card is now reversed in between the two cards and upon further examination it is somehow linked to the key ring and it is their signed card. A great souvenir for the spectator.

Method: 8/10

The method is really smart and workable. I really like how there is none of the sandwich loading moves or anything like that with this effect. You literally pull out the two cards from your pocket, have them examined, and then threaded onto the keys. You are able to show front and back of both cards on the key ring and show that there really are only two cards on the ring. When the spectators card ends up threaded onto the key ring it makes their brain do flips because everyone knows that threading anything onto a key ring is a hassle and hard to do, and when you are able to do so very easily and invisibly it blows them away.

Preparation/Gaff: 9/10

The preparation and gaffs for SCOnK are nothing extraordinary and most people will have the objects lying around and can do the effect the same day they get it.

Sleights: 8/10

The sleights are very basic and easy and Jordan goes over every sleight needed in detail and is a very good teacher. I went out and did this to some buddies a few hours after watching the DVD.

Overall: 9/10

I really like the ingenuity and creativity of this effect. It is a very good way to do a sandwich routine combined with a linking ring routine and it leaves the spectator with a great souvenir and I have even thought you could write your contact info onto the card. Also you could do this with your business card which would be a cool way to hand it out. Another thing is that this DVD is very, very funny and entertaining. It had me laughing throughout the whole thing. Jordan does a singing card manipulation thing that is hilarious. So all in all, I got an entertaining DVD and a great trick that I will use and is easy and impossibly stunning. Again Jordan really did a good job and SCOnK is highly recommended.

i would have to agree. i like that jordan johnson releases "workable tricks" so to speak. his effects are practicle, and they do get good reations. i will admit that i was a little skepticle about his torn and restored card called holy grail. however when you watch the dvd you find out fast that it really is a great trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results