Two Queens, and effect I just came up

Wanted a dual color change. This is what I came up with after playing around. Any advice? This is not a camera edit, as someone from PenguinMagic said it was. I recorded an instructional video and will send it to a respected moderator if proof is needed. Still have not developed a routine-friendly patter, but this one has tons of potential (jacks growing up into kings, etc.] Also, no gimmicked cards at all, may be done from a borrowed deck.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=5umrko&s=3

Apr 22, 2008
Wanted a dual color change. This is what I came up with after playing around. Any advice? This is not a camera edit, as someone from PenguinMagic said it was. I recorded an instructional video and will send it to a respected moderator if proof is needed. Still have not developed a routine-friendly patter, but this one has tons of potential (jacks growing up into kings, etc.] Also, no gimmicked cards at all, may be done from a borrowed deck.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=5umrko&s=3

dude you dont need to prove anything ... we know its not camera editing nice .... idea BTW

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I like it.
I'm sure you can come up with other ideas other than color changes.
I don't know how you do it, but you could add this to the end of the 2 card monte. Turn them back into aces/queens.
As if what they saw was just pure illusion.
Good job!

Oct 6, 2007
It's ok....

But if you're turning over the black queen, and it become a red one...doesn't it make it seem like a double sided card? Or at least....very STRANGE?

The first hange is unnatural and awkward too.

And it has no meaning...yet

May 24, 2008
Hey man!

Hey, well people that wrote here, i guess they are advanced in the cardhandling thingies (sorry for my english).

Me, a beginner, is ever so amazed by this trick, so for me, that just learned how to make double lifts, ambitious card trick etc think this was amazing. Yet i know pretty much the basics of card handling by now. (maybe this doesn't matter, anyway)

So you took me by surprise and i really enjoyed the video, the later video was better though then the first, more "flashy".

What i am trying to say is that for "normal" people, this is amazing trick. Well thought!

Hey, well people that wrote here, i guess they are advanced in the cardhandling thingies (sorry for my english).

Me, a beginner, is ever so amazed by this trick, so for me, that just learned how to make double lifts, ambitious card trick etc think this was amazing. Yet i know pretty much the basics of card handling by now. (maybe this doesn't matter, anyway)

So you took me by surprise and i really enjoyed the video, the later video was better though then the first, more "flashy".

What i am trying to say is that for "normal" people, this is amazing trick. Well thought!

Thanks buddy! I think one problem in magic is that a lot of more advanced cardicians tend to design effects for magicians rather than to amaze laypeople. I appreciate the comment!

You don't always need to know the most advanced moves and most advanced sleights. The basics will get you much farther than you think.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
^True that, homie. I use very basic sleights and still get good reactions. Nothing too hard for me... unless I REALLY like the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results