O
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Self-promotion. Something I can point clients to as a sort of demo reel and also drive more traffic to my site in order to have a built-in audience paying attention when I announce other new projects.
    Hasn't started yet. The first video goes up the first week of January. There will be an embedded video gallery on my site, which you can find a link to in my signature.
    Hey, sorry! I haven't gotten any emails, but my email account has been acting funny recently. Try emailing me at tyler@nicenecouncil.com.
    Hey man - sorry, I'm sick at the moment, so I'm finding myself lacking of food, sleep, and subsequently, concentration. I just can't bring myself to type on something for 20 minutes right now, sorry! I have read it though.
    Yes I am.
    Ill be in Hong Kong the entire summer so yeah...
    Add me on MSN: sciffydof@hotmail.com
    As far as the concept of "Decisions" goes, more broadly, it is about the psychology of decisions - the psychological processes behind a decision, the subconscious elements of a decision, etc... Part of it involves influencing decisions (and in doing so, showing how we all influence the decisions of others), and part of it just demonstrates some of the psychology behind the choices we make... I will PM you the routine to show you how it plays out (rather not put the exact series of effects here)...

And re: the final effect... That's right, the effect is a good one, but my favourite method just doesn't really work :(
    That sounds like a fantastic routine! I like the changing their mind thing. It reminds me of a really cool Paolo Cavalli effect, where the mentalist divines a thought of colour - and correctly identifies the spec's thought pattern through three colours (i.e. you started with x, went to y, and I'm seeing a little bit of z, so I'll say that you ended on z). Phase two involves a similar idea, though different concept (similar to an Osterlind idea actually, at least in principle), where the spec changes numbers. Third phase is a name divination of someone close with a simple peek.
    Yeah life is good man, and you? Busy, exams in 2 weeks, but ah well! Sure, I'd love to talk mentalism. I've recently been putting together a close up routine around the concept of "Decisions". It's almost ready, but I have two problems: 1) It works, but I wish there were less effects using cards (3 cards, 1 non). It's not so bad, and I guess if it works, it works, but still... They're the ones that currently fit best with this theme. I have other non-card effects I perform, just not within this routine. I guess that's ok, but I still get a nagging feeling about that. 2) My final effect, method wise, doesn't match the methodological requirements. I guess I should change methods - but I'm not quite ready to drop it just yet. What've you been working on?
    I don't know, lol. I've always been a bit biased towards my creative side. However, relatively recently, some other things have popped up and I guess I've found another outlet, or another vision for how I want to live my life. Just different parts of who I am, I guess. I'm currently studying Commerce with a Finance, Accounting and Psychology triple major, so heading towards investment banking in the next few years... I've also worked as an actor in a few places... Not entirely sure how they'll fit in with each other, but I guess I'll take it as it comes...
    I currently have two areas I want to pursue. Firstly, I want to be an actor. I already am, technically, a professional actor, but I would like to be able to make a decent living off of it in the future. Secondly, after I graduate, I would like to work as an investment banker. Very different, I know, but yeah...
    Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. Every time I make an excuse to procrastinate, I can't help but think of the high average mark I need to get, and despair a little knowing that this all counts towards a job... I'm in second year uni :)
    Man, can't believe I never replied to this, sorry!

Yeah, I pop on now from time to time, but I'm pretty irregular in my patterns! Uni's been terribly busy recently. How are you buddy?
    Hey,
    if you have any questions shoot.
    I see you've met D ICE R too, he is my very good friend and teacher so most of my knowledge has come from him. But if there is anything, shoot and ill try to help.

M.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results