RickEverhart
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Sorry I am just now getting back to you. I know you don't know me yet, but I am actually married with kids, have a full time job, and only get one here about once a day or every other day so please don't ever take offense if I don't get back to you right away. I'll watch the Youtube video link you sent me tomorrow and compare it to what I know of the Pinky count. I am going to be brutally honest and tell you that even I cannot do it yet. It is harder than you think and takes quite a bit of practice to get your pinky "trained" to feel the cards and let the come off singly so you can count them. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Heading to bed soon.
    I'm just interested here in about your comparison between the YouTube video and Jason England's instructional video. What can you say here?

I learned about this Pinky Count from a card routine called Memento by Bobby Hasbun, which I'm still trying to figure out. Seems like once I get this Pinky Count technique down to a trusted move that I'll be able to learn what appears to be a great routine in Memento.

I trust that this message will reach you privately. For I did not want to reveal these thoughts in the Forum.

In any event, thank you Rick. I appreciate your assistance. Great day to you.
    Starlight
    Hey Rick:
    Thanks for the pointer to Jason England's Pinky Count.
    However, I found this link on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPMifa5p4bU
    Please review it and answer the following question:
    I'm wondering if Jason's video instruction has a different technique for executing the Pinky Count?
    It seems to me that the idea shown on the YouTube video explains the general idea behind this technique.
    Do you agree? Or does Jason's video explain this technique differently? Does Jason's explanation make things any easier to learn this useful utility move?

Actually, I didn't expect this to be such an advanced technique. I thought it was something simple. It is not!
    I've just begun to practice it. And it is quite a challenge. Yesterday my pinky after an hour was a bit sore and unhappy. My third and fourth fingers (thumb = 1, Pointer = 2, and Pinky = 5) need to find a more comfortable position to allow my Pinky to do its work properly. I'll have to keep working at it.
    I'm pulling my hair out in that I no longer own a copy of Bobo but am in hope that you may know the name and reference effect for a specific coin move. . .

The move was usually employed for making a ditch. . . the performer flicked the coin into the fold of the opposite arm, which could then lap the coin as you recline back. An earlier variant was to act as if you were picking up the coin and actually flip it back towards you, allowing it to fall off the edge of the table into your lap.

If you don't know please pass on the question to someone you may know that has this kind of working knowledge, I need to put a name & credits to it for a book I'm trying to get finished up.

Thanks!
    Thanks for responding you my quirky messages about the magic muse when I do write... hope to meet you someday... :)
    Hey man, how's it going? I got a bunch of new tricks that i've learned and I think i'm ready to be initiated. I have been practicing day and night to get my skills back and I think i'm actually better than I used to be. Only thing I want to do now is record myself doing some tricks but I don't have the means to record. oh well. Talk to you soon.
    You're at a mile stone marker with your post count right now! Take a screen shot of it while you still can, because YOU sir are L337.
    thanks reverhat, i like the tricks to tear out cards and i didnt whant to spend 4$ on each decks thats why i ask
    Got it. I watched it. No...mine is different but you get the same visual effect. I'll share it with you somehow via video. Just let me know. There would be no way for me to type to you how to get into it. It is seriously not hard though. I had Shane doing it in about 5 minutes.
    Hey Rick!! I just uploaded the last journal..I was wondering..could you please correct the title..since it says "A Magician´s Journa" instead of Journal...thanks and please check it out and tell me what you think!!
    Thanks for the kind words man! I am thrilled they made you a moderator. Finally someone who is involved, is doing some good around here! congrats!
    I am putting my kid to bed man. Sorry. Let me know ahead of time and I can have my wife put the kids to bed so I can chat. She isn't home right now. She is scrapbooking with some of her friends so I have been in charge of both kids since noon today. Ha Ha.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results