EJ
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• 2] I wouldn't say that any phase was necessarily harder than the other (with the obvious exception of the Leno sequence, as that can be tricky to learn). But the hardest part of the Jackson Five flourish is getting a good rhythm and style going. It's a fairly simple matter to be able to do the phases without dropping cards, but it's an extremely challenging matter to make it look stylish and unrushed. The hardest thing for me was to keep the momentum going and not over-doing the flares, but also not under-doing them either. It’s a tricky medium to find, and that’s really the hardest thing about the Jackson Five (not necessarily a phase). As long as you keep the packets and hands moving, the cut will look great. :)

Hope this helps,
    Jordan
    Hi Itwasluck,

Many thanks for the kind words! It's a pleasure to hear you enjoyed the performance - it really makes my practice feel worthwhile.

1] I didn't really go for speed in the video, but merely smoothness (avoiding awkward pauses during transitions and generally keeping the flourish moving). I've practiced this cut since the summer of 2005 after a friend taught me. Since first learning it all those years ago it has changed slightly with how it is on The Trilogy, but the general cut remains the same – so I guess you can say I’ve been working on it on and off for about 3-4 years.
    Anyway, it is prreeetty tricky but it's so fun and you look so cool doing it!!!!!!
    For example: I'm in 8th middle school so this guy came up and I had the centurions in my hand. He's like what are you doing, magic tricks? I'm like no. And then I show him sybilism or whatever it's called. I didn't even get finished with it and he's like :D, wow that's awesome!!!
    I think that the Leon Cut is BY FAR the hardest. When I first started out doing it, I was dropping cards and stuff, :D.
    I'm learning Jackson 5 too. I got the first 2 phases done but the 3rd needs work. As well as the Leon cut.
    Yeah that's what ive been hearing and probably what I'd be using them for. Maybe I'll get some in the future.
    Cool. Yeah I was going to order some and then Sinful07 posted that thread saying how they suck. I still don't know what to do. lol
    i am ok it just so hard to see the light i can not see that am in with the best of the best when came form 0 with magic i no a lot have not see me do some magic let but i am doing it now i now puting all my tricks by jay sankey . so what new with i love the new book monkekey shindes volume one i now got about 3000 effect at home in books and so on
    well thanks mate! I have actually have seen some of your videos too (also battles) in fact you are battling the last guy I battled ( it ended in a draw pfft) I liked yours better, good execution of some hard moves by d+M I hope you win mate, cheers!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results