1 minute

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I'm sorry... what turned out ok?

1: totally couldn't even come close to being able to follow what you were doing or where you were taking me in that trick... I saw a lot of face down cards, a lot of unnecessary card handling that just confused the heck out of me... some poorly executed clip shifts, card spins, Eric Jones sandwhich subtleties.

2: why just film the first take and upload it and be seen as mediocre. this type of thing would be 100% ok and justified if you put it on vimeo with a password seeking advice to improve. at least that way we could take you seriously as a magician looking to improve in his art.

3: your floor looks pretty clean and w/o much dust/ dirt/ stains... kudos on that. always did like a hard-wood floor.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
- Unnecessary, crappy handling.
- You do too many sandwich effects.
- This is not nearly original.
- Tokyo is right, your floor does look nice.
- Stop "creating" tricks. You aren't coming up with original sleights nor tricks, and you aren't practicing anything enough anyways.

Remove most of your videos (the ones that follow suit with this one), practice, THEN film and upload.

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
really nice video NOT

well first you showed a 5 of spades then you show a 4 of clubs ,I didn't understand what you did a lot of confusing moves and poorly performed sleights ,PRACTICE

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I agree with everything people said above me. I really don't see a point in this at all.

Mar 18, 2009
wow... this thread is very dumb... well actually it is extremely annoying.

you said you challenged yourself to create an effect in one minute, and upload the first take. . .

wow, that just shows what kind of magician you are. you don't take the time and effort to actually create a reasonably good effect. (which none of yours have been) and upload the first take. that is a disgrace to magic... im sorry but it's true. you need to stop doing what your doing and really think about your magic. are you realyy going to make it meaningless by posting sh*t videos.

your thread doesn't make sense man. i don't get why you keep doing this.

and plus, your effects arent original either. you should also take the time to do a little researched and actually find out if it is original or not.

man these threads and videos need to stop. if your gona be a magician, act like it. take the time that it's worth and do the job right. not half ass.

and im not trying to rip on you on purpose. this is suppossed to be helpful to you. think about it man.

Mar 18, 2009
your approach is wrong, this was told to me by the great Lee Asher himself:

"Great magic, like Rome, isn't built in a day"

in other words, it takes time to come up with an orginal effect and alos time to perfect it...you need research, practice, and time.....

exactly (word count)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results