1-on-1 // d+M's ReBeL

Product Information

Total Runtime: 4.5 Minutes | Download
A flourish by daniel+Madison. Use it to start a flourish that you already know, or use it as the basis for creation of an entirely new sequence. It's completely false beginning to end. Learn it with step-by-step instructions by d+M.
$4.95

Download Content

The download begins with Daniel explaining how the flourish is an application or a flourish on it's own since it leaves the deck in the same order. He then proceeds into performing the flourish and moving on to the explanation.

Explanation://
The explanation is shot of course in the highest quality imaginable. The view mainly is from over Daniel's Right and Left Shoulder. Thus, it will look like your hands in front of you so you don't have to mirror the actions. It is taught fairly quickly, and I recommend watching it at least 2 or 3 times to your finger positioning correct. Especially on the pivoting of the packet around your pinky, positioning is very pivotal for that step.

The whole process is once again gone over from a front-view to show what your spectator(s) would see if you performed this. And that essentially ends the Explanation process of ReBeL.

Applications://
As mentioned earlier, ReBeL can either be a flourish on it's own OR and application. Adding it to another flourish, and creating a nice flowing routine is basically your goal. Daniel shows him performing ReBeL and then the Sybil Helix. Unfortunately the Sybil Helix is not taught on the download and is only an example.

Difficulty Level

Overall the whole flourish is not devilishly hard. The hardest part is pivoting the packet around your pinky, and understanding the pressures, and finger positioning and packet positioning involved with it. To compare this to something else I would say this is a step or 2 up from the Lavender Lapdance Combo. It will take practice, and you will get frustrated and want to punch maybe a baby, or a small child in the face or that very region. 1)Don't for legal reasons. 2)Just take your time, review the download, and move on and keep at it.

Overall

I'm very pleased with this download, and if I ever do get this flourish down I may very well use it, since it retains the decks order. When performing magic it sometimes is not a bad thing to show off, and if you can do it and not mess the order of the duck up, I believe your good as gold. If your not a flourisher by any means, don't pick this up, it will be a little too complex for you.

I'm very excited to see more downloads from Daniel in the future, and hope to seem more flourishes from him, and maybe even some magic.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I was just about to review this. You beat me to it. :D

It's a cool flourish. I like his accent. :p

You can apply this concept to just about every flourish on Daniel's LETHAL DVD if you're lucky enough to own it like I do...

I'm Shanku Roy. Peace. *throws deck in the air and walks away...*
(Inside joke... those who have ReBeL will know what I mean...)

Sep 6, 2007
Good review, I am definitely at the wanting to punch a baby or small child stage with the packet rotation right now, cards are everywhere

Sep 1, 2007
I'm having trouble with the pinky spin right now. When I spin it, the cards slide off each other and go everywhere. The cards just don't seem to hold together. Any tips?

Aug 31, 2007
I'm having trouble with the pinky spin right now. When I spin it, the cards slide off each other and go everywhere. The cards just don't seem to hold together. Any tips?

I'm sure that no one here can actually do the cut perfectly yet, so, I guess just practice. :D

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Nice review RA.

I want to buy this, but my computer has some kind of grudge against downloads, and I can't download anything. It kind of sucks. Actually it sucks bigtime.

The cut looks really nice, and I'm happy because I can actually do the pinky spin. I applied it to a cut of mine a while back and I've pretty much got it down.

This shouldn't be too hard of a cut.

David

Oct 18, 2007
Practice with 3 cards until you get the motions, and then move on up to a deck. I'm a lefty so it was a bit tough reversing everything but in about 15 minutes I got it. Once you get the feel for it, it becomes much easier. =]

Mar 14, 2008
Slovakia
I didn't download that flourish, but I played that video few times and I learned from it. I must agree that packet spin over a pinky is damn hard. I practicing that flourish third day and i am getting pretty good but not that fast, YET. It's fun... :D

(I just re-wrote the post little bit, because this way it does not sound so bad. At least I hope so...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't download that flourish, but I played that video over and over again and i figured it out by myself. I must agree that packet spin over a pinky is damn hard. I practicing that flourish third day and i am getting pretty good but not that fast, YET. It's fun... :D

I recommend in the future to try an avoid doing that. That's very dis-respectful to the artist who created the flourish. That's essentially taking money from them.

So, please keep that in mind :).
-RA69

Mar 14, 2008
Slovakia
I recommend in the future to try an avoid doing that. That's very dis-respectful to the artist who created the flourish. That's essentially taking money from them.

-RA69

I am sorry, I didn't meant to act dis-reaspectful to the artisits in any way or "steal money".

Look at it like this... IS dis-respectful if you sing a song which you hear in radio all the time? Just because you remembered the lyrics by listening the song all over again? Musicians are artists too, they're also presenting themselfs. They create lyrics and music. So it's like if someone could play the song just by ear and band is selling tabulature book in the same time, does it means that he's dis-reaspectful the band? I don't think so...

But if Mr. Madison or anybody from T11 team feels the same way, I am sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007

-RA69

Seriously, what should he have done, if you can figure it out, go ahead. No need to waste your money.

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I am sorry, I didn't meant to act dis-reaspectful to the artisits in any way or "steal money".

Look at it like this... IS dis-respectful if you sing a song which you hear in radio all the time? Just because you remembered the lyrics by listening the song all over again? Musicians are artists too, they're also presenting themselfs. They create lyrics and music. So it's like if someone could play the song just by ear and band is selling tabulature book in the same time, does it means that he's dis-reaspectful the band? I don't think so...

But if Mr. Madison or anybody from T11 team feels the same way, I am sorry.

In that case you really aren't stealing their music.

Seriously, what should he have done, if you can figure it out, go ahead. No need to waste your money.

Sure if you figure it out by accident, this seems to be fine, but if you sat there and tried to figure it out so that you could avoid paying for it, thats a different story. If you created a trick or flourish and you were selling it, how would you like it if somebody stole your idea by figuring it out instead of paying for it? If the method is obvious to you or you accidentally figure it out and you can't help it, even then its still pretty disrespectful to come forward and say "I figured out how to do it without buying it."

Nov 6, 2007
If I could figure something out on my own without buying it, I definitely would lol. I'm pretty sure anyone would. Boasting about it is different though.

Well, if you purposely watch something a whole bunch of times to learn something, that's technically wrong.

If you just happen to come across the method on your own, that is not purposely trying to rip-off the person then it is "acceptable" :p.

I'm just saying for next time ziggyblues. I've come across methods myself by complete accident so, I'm not going to say I've never done it. But, studying a video isn't the "ethical" thing to do. There is no stopping you but, it is wrong to do so.

And with that, let's just stick to the topic at hand which is ReBel and those who need help or tips surrounding the flourish.
-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results