1-on-1 // FOUR by Aaron Fisher

I was initially interested in this trick because of its kicker ending and how it would provide a good way to get into Deja Vu, Hoffzy Ozbourne, or one of my other tricks involving a four of a kind. Before I even bought this trick I knew the method was going to be simple, but I couldn't figure out a very elegant method on my own and I hoped Arron would divulge some cool tips on how to make it work smoothly with the audience.

The teaching of the method is perfectly clear and left no questions behind as to what to do and how to do it well. Arron makes sure to cover the people handling part of the trick (very important with this effect) just as meticulously as the people handling part. Because the trick part of this production is so hard hitting, Arron also includes a good couple minute long lesson about how to avoid a situation where you're like "Ha! I got you!" and your audience, in Arron's words of odd humor, says, "Thank you, you've fooled me. Please step away from my wife, leave my bread sticks alone, and have my server bring me another iced tea." Without this extra advice the video may have not been worth the cash, but with that extra tid bit I think the value popped up enough to make the thing worth it. I don't feel, "Wow, what a steal!" about it, but the value isn't all that bad.

So in the end, I recommend this to anyone looking for a four card production. Not only do you get that, but a nice, visual trick, and a good bit of advice (which I've started payign attention to with my other tricks, as well. And if you happen to have Panic or plan to buy it, this is an absolute must.

Kristian

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2008
I figured it out some time ago, don't wanna buy it... It is, however, a pretty good 4 of a kind production.
It's not worth the 5$???
Look, 5 bucks is very little and if this effect had been on Penguin or E or any other magicsite, it would have been more than twice as expensive...

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Good review. Got Four a while ago but I hardly ever use it. It's a niice 4card production, but I prefer Realtime. I say it's worth the $5 though.

robertus said:
I figured it out some time ago, don't wanna buy it... It is, however, a pretty good 4 of a kind production.
It's not worth the 5$???
Look, 5 bucks is very little and if this effect had been on Penguin or E or any other magicsite, it would have been more than twice as expensive...

After reading your post and thinking about it I changed my mind about the trick and revised the review. Yay. So if this had been on Penguin or E it would have been twice as much? Wow. That's pretty cool. (For me, getting the $5 price.)

D&D lover said:
Good review. Got Four a while ago but I hardly ever use it. It's a niice 4card production, but I prefer Realtime. I say it's worth the $5 though.

Yeah, Real Time is very, very nice, and very, very elegant. They are both good productions and are good in different situations.

Sep 1, 2007
It's not a super amazing piece, but the theory taught in the download I think is worth the price of it alone.

I've had a little of this problem, too, though I'm guessing that it has more to do with our presentation skills (or at least mine) than the potency of the actual trick. We'll see as time goes on; I may have to change my review.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results