1 on 1: Why this is revolutionary.

Hey T11ers,

I just wanted to point out something that most of you already know. 1 on 1 is live and I believe it's the biggest revolution of any Magic site to date.

Why?

Simple. How many times have you seen something that you wanted to learn but had to buy an entire book or DVD to access the training for this effect?

This happens to me all the time. I do buy books and DVD's and will continue to do so, but 1 on 1 is exactly what Magic has been missing.

T11, you guys have changed everything. This is what the Magic Community needed.

I hope there is a suggestion thread or something we can use to request training on.

I will give you guys a good example. I want to learn Jumping Gemini. The Ortiz original method or similar method that looks stunning.

I don't want to hunt down the original book or a DVD that covers the Jumping Gemini. I just want to pay for the training of that single effect.

That is why 1 on 1 has changed everything. I will be buying frequently from this section.

Thank You T11 for thinking out of the box.

Sep 1, 2007
Dude, I completely agree. I had been having some slight problems with my 4for4 switch. Five bucks fixed it instantly. Now I can do that move without thinking. I cannot wait to see different dl moves and maybe some color changes to boot. I would love to see this site implement card and coin sleights. I have to tell you, I really liked Kenner's instruction, it was simple, to the point, yet packed with advice. Theory 11 has made me very impressed... I would be super impressed if my freaking Panic had arrived lol :D

agreed, i knew how to do 4for4 but kenners instruction was way better than any before. there was not only how to do it but advice and tips on how to do this effectivly. also if you don't know any trick that you can you for this, he shows you one.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
The problem is, while doing this is great, you could be missing out on some great routines that you would not have found without purchasing that particular book.

Just a thought...

Ty

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
In a marketing sense its a fantastic idea. 4.95 to learn an individual sleight? Awesome because you have to fill an hour DVD with a lot of material and sell it for 25.00.

It's basically drug dealing*... you can make more money on the street if you sell in smaller quantities at an inflated price. If you sell a large amount you have to give a price break based on the sheer volume of the product.

So its a win-win for everyone I guess... a quick lesson on a quick sleight for 4.95... if you don't have 25.00 to buy a DVD its a good deal, and if you just want to learn something quickly, its a good deal as well.

* Note: I am not a drug dealer... it was an analogy.. please keep the PMs from flying. lol

Sep 1, 2007
Ty beat me to it.

Seriously it's not that hard to track down that one effect you've been looking for, and the odds are that whereever you find it, you'll find effects that are similar in construction and/or style. Many times I've gone looking for that one effect, found that it didn't really fit my style but found one or two other items in the same resource that I never would have looked at otherwise.

The more you read, the greater your library of books and DVDs, the better the chances that you'll know where to go looking for that particular sleight, or line, or blocking, or sequence that you need to put together an effect or routine.

Personally, I think the 1 on 1 idea is a great way to exploit the instant download delivery system. Extraordinarily cheap to make and distribute - and cheap enough so that loads of people will buy it. The saving grace is that it's actually worth doing with all the experienced magicians running the show.

Sep 3, 2007
I'm not sure if it's revolutionary in the sense that it's completely new. Instant downloads have been around quite a while.

Sep 1, 2007
No but, this is taking them to the next level. That's what makes 1-on-1 so unique.

Ty

How is this taking the Instant Downloads to the next level? YOu can buy a single effect DVD, Kaos, greed, Stigmata etc and get the same one on one treatment. What makes 1-on-1 special? To me its nothing unique, revolutionary, special...

Guy's

Instant downloads have been around but not focused on teaching core principles.

Let's say you did purchase a book or DVD that covered the Pass, but you are having trouble with it. Now you can pay for the instructional training from one of the T11 Magicians and learn it from a different teacher.

I mentioned that I currently purchase Books and DVD's and will continue to do so, but sometimes I am interested in one effect and 1 on 1 can teach me just the effect I want.

It's the best of both worlds and it gives us more options.

The individual training some of you refer too is different. They teach unique tricks like Stigmata and Indecent. But what about individual sleights. What about a clear explanation of The Pass or some other sleight you are having issues with.

This is the difference I speak about. Break things up and give us options.

Now we can purchase Books, DVD's, individual tricks or get 1 on 1 teaching from things we want to learn. This is greatness.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results