10 bucks for art?

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
yes, this is a review of the Bicycle Guardian deck......

The backs look alright.....better than a regular deck, but not too much to brag about

the cards....look alright, nothing is different except the Ace of Spades, which looks like a big furry leaf, and the jokes aer ALRIGHT, not great. the black cards look teh same (all face cards have a greyish tint to them) and the red cards have a greyish tint to them.

the box....feels different, but its a box, its salright

the feel of the cards........EXACTLY THE SAME AS REGULAR CARDS!!!!! nothing different

OVERALL COMPARED TO A REGULAR DECK OF BIKES- id never buy one again for 10 bucks...id rather just buy regular deck of cards, becasue even though the design is nice and all, you are paying for the artwork, not for the cards

C

clarrus

Why on earth did you pay $10.00 for a deck of Guardians when you could have gotten a deck here for a lil' less than $5.00? I mean, I'm sorry you got ripped off.

Shane K.

shipping and handling would be another $5 so it would be $10.

Sorry you feel that way about the deck. I love em. I'm about to order 12 more on the dec 4th.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
shipping and handling would be another $5 so it would be $10.

Sorry you feel that way about the deck. I love em. I'm about to order 12 more on the dec 4th.

Ah, I see.

Good move, by the way. I have two bricks of them. One being a brick of 1st edition and the other 2nd edition. I've got a half brick on the way as we speak too. I also bought some fanning powder to boost their life a bit. I love them too.

Shane K.

C

clarrus

Ah, I see.

Good move, by the way. I have two bricks of them. One being a brick of 1st edition and the other 2nd edition. I've got a half brick on the way as we speak too. I also bought some fanning powder to boost their life a bit. I love them too.

Shane K.

I'll assume brick means a dozen. Where does that term come from? Also what is fanning powder? Arg.....I sound like such a noob......

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I'll assume brick means a dozen. Where does that term come from? Also what is fanning powder? Arg.....I sound like such a noob......

Haha, no worries.

When you purchase your dozen you will see where the term "brick" comes from. When you buy a brick they come in a white box shaped like a brick. In a stack, 3 decks by 4 decks. Three columns :: Four rows.

Fanning powder is a powder you can use on older decks to help them...well...fan better among other things. It sort of breathes life into beaten down decks.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
thansk for the comments
and yeah, 10 bucks with shipping
i like them and all, but i also like regular bikes, and they feel exactly the same
so logic comes into play, why spend 10 bucks for a different design but same feel

Sep 3, 2007
thansk for the comments
and yeah, 10 bucks with shipping
i like them and all, but i also like regular bikes, and they feel exactly the same
so logic comes into play, why spend 10 bucks for a different design but same feel

Feel is always different in every deck man, you prolly just can't notice it as well as other's can. Why do people paint there car's? it costs more feels the same, but looks nicer... You getting my drift here? I guess it is your choice whether you want more or not.

Sep 6, 2007
Estonia
10 bucks isnt that much for this kind of artwork. There card are used for performances .. they silmply blow people away.

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Why do people paint there car's? it costs more feels the same, but looks nicer... You getting my drift here?

Painting a car doesn't cost 2x the price of the car itself ;)

Though I really think they'll be cheaper once you buy more at once. (you don't pay shipping for every deck, you pay it for 1 order... if I'm mistaken slap me and paint me the aace of clubs on my back)

Aug 31, 2007
UK
10 bucks isnt that much for this kind of artwork. There card are used for performances .. they silmply blow people away.

Seriously WTF , they blow people away, the cards, blow people away, are you sure it isn't the magic that "blows people away"?

Oct 24, 2007
Okay...

Okay...okay...okay...children. Calm down now. (lol) Just kiddin'!

Cards don't blow people away, the magic does. Farrell is right, even though it was said a little harsher than it should have been said.

BUT, cool looking cards do spice up your performance!

If Guardian452 doesn't want to pay $10.00 for a deck of cards. Then that's his opinion and he's not gonna buy them.

In my personal opinion I don't use strange cards. I use regular old blue or red Bikes. Why? Well, think about it. You come up to a spectator with cards that look regular, then show them that they're regular, what will they think they are? Regular cards! If you come up to a spectator with cards that they've never seen before, try to show them they're regular, do you think they'll believe you? Maybe, but they'll still be suspicious because they'll think, 'This magician has some special cards. I think there might be something funny about them.'

Guardians are sweet for flourishing, don't get me wrong. When flourishing they look sick and if you do flourish you should have a deck! But they are not good for magic. Good ole' Bikes are good for magic because they are not suspicious, spectators are familiar with the type of card, and so therefore it will make your whole routine and performance run smoother.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from! Peace and God bless!

Oct 24, 2007
Lets clear this up
Guardians do have a better feel and life span than regular bikes the only reason i don't use them in performances is because people think they are trick decks.
the average layman has probably never seen such a design so they will assume they are trick cards which lessens the magic moment.

Now if theory11 came out with deck of cards made with the same material and finish as the Guardians but normal bicycle design that would be cool. Almost like a masters:D

f1stzero

Sep 2, 2007
Lets clear this up
Guardians do have a better feel and life span than regular bikes the only reason i don't use them in performances is because people think they are trick decks.
the average layman has probably never seen such a design so they will assume they are trick cards which lessens the magic moment.

Now if theory11 came out with deck of cards made with the same material and finish as the Guardians but normal bicycle design that would be cool. Almost like a masters:D

f1stzero

If people think guardians are fake decks then they will laugh at E decks.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
Lets clear this up

f1stzero

youre kidding me right???
the same card stock and coating
w/e

and you dont paint a car for how it feels, you paint it for how it looks
and 10 bucks for looks for a deck is too much for me

which is also why i ONLY use regular bikes

Nov 17, 2007
so, Guardian452, what's your point? I mean, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, i just hope you don't take this seriously (but you will). all I want to say is that it's ok to say you dont like the product, but I dont think its polite to say that the product is bad just because you dont like it, also i think you should be a little nicer when writing reviews and writing a reply to people.

Aug 31, 2007
my point is that i dont beleive these cards are worth 10 bucks
they should sell them for one dollar and keep the shipping rates

Hence your screen name.
Just kidding, I'm sure that it is reffering to something else, but if it isn't, I don't know where you're coming from.

Nov 17, 2007
lets just leave Guardian452 alone, I mean its not gonna stop us or anyone else from buying it, so I dont think we need to worry about this guy, who ever he is, have fun saying that the guardians suck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results