12 year old card cheat

Sep 23, 2012
i am a 12 year old card magician and for the past year i have been practicing card table deception. i have mechanic and all of the classic books, but i just wanted to hear other peoples opinions on a kid doing a center deal (or any other card-table artifice)

Aug 25, 2012
I don't know why you wan't an opinion on a kid doing a center deal, it doesn't matter how old you are if the move looks nice do it. Although it will take some practice it's awesome once you get down. As for anything else deceptive using cards I don't see why your age would hinder your ability to cheat at cards.

If you're good at it, age shouldn't matter. Obviously you're not going to convince anyone that you've got years of experience working seedy backroom gambling halls etc, but as long as you demonstrate good honest clean skill then I see no problems with it.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
As said before, I don't think that this should matter in any way as long as you
act serious.

What I also noticed is, that many adults seem to forget your age, when you are showing
them something magical or, from their point of view, impossible with a deck of cards or such.

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It depends how you present it.

As soon as you try to say you're a cheat, you'll lose most audiences. The cognitive dissonance of knowing a child couldn't have experience as a gambler (Who would gamble against a child?) will force them out of the performance.

You need to find a way to present it that makes sense.

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
if your skilled then by all means do it and win, but speaking from experience (im a 15 yr old cheat) its pretty hard to get into games at this age, keep practising, you'll be killer by the time you'll be allowed in

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results