13 Steps - Book Tests

Nov 25, 2008
I am mainly interested in performing book tests.But how on earth is the mentalist supposed to know the selected word or line in a book without peeking.Is the method in 13 steps practical?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
There are many methods to performing book tests...some are more practical than others. Some are easy and others require a bit of skill and memorization on your part. I will not go into any more detail for exposure purposes.
If you want people to come on here and tell you how a magician will know the word...I don't think that is going to happen. Your best bet is to read some reviews of various book tests and purchase one. I happen to use a version from Hank Lee's shop called the Tossed Out Book test which is similar to Gazzo's Tossed Out Deck.

Do I like it? Um...it is hit and miss. I've used it twice and was caught on one of them.

Some book tests are expensive and others are cheaper. My version was like 40 bucks. I've heard of other ones though that go up to 300 bucks or so. Good luck hunting and hopefully you find something good that will work for you.

As far as a method in 13 Steps...I have not read it so I cannot help you there. Sorry.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
There are some really good tests available - Anything that runs on "the mother of all booktests" principle is worth buying, as reverhart mentioned, these can be expensive, but the spectator handles the book at all times, can choose any substantial word they wish out of the ENTIRE book, they can be very strong indeed.

There are plenty of reviews on book tests around check out www.themagiccafe.com for further info.

For something a little more interesting, try www.outlaw-effects.com - I got their homicide book test about a year or so ago, they have some REALLY cool and unique products.

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results