1337 Notes | Sean Fields

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Sean Fields created an underground sensation when he first published the 1337 notes. Now they are available as a PDF download! In his uniquely entertaining fashion, Sean teaches in detail:

Iced Up
Freeze a bottle of water, VISIBLY!

Sean explains how he’s always loved the concept of freezing and boiling water and says this is his favorite approach. This effect is very simple, yet very visual. There is a little set-up, but believe me it’s worth it. As Sean also explains, because of its simplicity it leaves a lot of room for presentation…which is a nice thing. Although this astonishment isn’t ‘practical’, in other words it’s more of an effect you can perform at your home or at a party. Although you can’t perform this astonishment with a borrowed bottle, it’s a pretty darn great effect. Even the subtleties behind it are really a great ‘convincer’, as you take a sip of the water before its frozen.

Aquatic
An illusory coin in bottle you have to see to believe!

A 3 phase cib. Now this is an interesting coin in bottle, not only does the coin penetrate the bottle twice, but it’s a nice visual treat. It uses objects most magicians own and it offers a slow, visual and quick penetration.

FU2
An incredible PIECE BY PIECE restoration of a torn, signed card!

If you’re a fan of Sean’s FUSION, like I was, then you’ll be a fan of this one too. Here Sean decided to improve on the original FUSION and from there FU2 was born. FU2 is an impromptu pbp torn and restored and is a pretty nice one as well as visual, but also a little risky. FU2 was my preferred T&R to perform, the only drawbacks is it takes awhile to get down as well the face cannot be shown. Also, due to no visual aides this one is pretty complicated to understand. Although this may not replaced your original T&R routine, it’s worth taking a look at, as you may find a subtleties to add into your current T&R.

Excised
Swallow a borrowed necklace and pull it out of your stomach!

Sean is known for his disturbing pieces of geek magic, such as Sick and Saw and this one follows that same tradition. Now this is probably my favorite piece of geek magic that Sean has released, the first being Saw. This uses 2-3 items, depending on how you perform it. Now this has a small limitation, that being what necklaces you can use other than that this is a great gory and visual effect.

Ultimate Epic
Sean's close up take on Mental Epic

Sean’s reworking on a classic effect. This is a fun one and really connects with the audience. But this one requires the help of a friend to accomplish, but worth checking out.

20 B - Low
Cause a borrowed bill to VISIBLY melt thru a glass table!

Underrated! This is probably my favorite effect included in these notes. It uses a small and simple ‘gimmick’ that you already have and can carry with you over and over and over. This one is super visual, clever and deceptive. This has to be one of the most cleanest and powerful piece of ‘impromptu’ magic. Any bill will work and another plus is that the bill can be signed.

1337p33k
Sean's revolutionary billet technique!

Not an effect, rather a utility. Now this is a very clever billet peek. Although very clean and fair in appearance, it will take some practice to get down, but again, the end result is worth it, a nice and powerful way to obtain the information. I must mention that this can be knacky.

Taste-icular
Cause a bottle of water to VISIBLY morph into mouthwash!

Now this is the reason why you should get this PDF, this is worth the price alone. You need to purchase and spend a few dollars to perform this effect, but this is worth it. Also, the gimmick is versatile as well. The method is devious and the effect is an eye-popping show-stopper. This effect performs the exact way its described and it may seem impossible, but the bottle is borrowed.

So as you can see, 1337 is filled with great effects; from cards, coins, mentalism to using necklaces, bottles, cards, coins and bills. I am a huge fan of Sean Fields and as you can see he did not disappoint, anything he released is worth checking out. I recommend this to anyone looking for something different.

http://www.seanfieldsmagic.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=5

V.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
They sound pretty sweet, only thing is though with buying pdfs is that Its sometimes hard to know exactly what the effect looks like before you buy it.

Yes, these effects are really great.

What Sean releases is defiantly worth looking into.

I also see what you mean though.

V.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Nice to see your reviews again V. As always great job, this little piece of magic has always caught my eye, and looks like this will now go on my wish list...:D

Thanks and glad to hear from you Michael :)

Also, yes, this is a great little piece of magic and I suggest you check it out.

V.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results