1on1 - threeFry released

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Yo-

As promised, we'll be updating this section of the site very frequently with new sleights, tricks, flourishes, and routines. threeFry by CK is now live in the 1-on-1 section; check it. The threeFry video is a bit longer than the normal 1-on-1 videos, but that's only because it's packed with tips and subtleties-- focusing not only on the mechanics of the routine, but the body language and details that make it so deceptive.

Check it out. Do it to it. Enjoy. More videos will be added to the 1-on-1 very soon, so keep checking back. Dana Hocking's main role at theory11 is to sit at the computer and hit refresh on the 1-on-1 section every hour on the hour, hoping to see new videos come up. Then he remembers that he's the one that edits most of these videos (very well I might add), and then we send him back to the dungeon to edit more. We might let him leave his editing cage tonight for a cookie or some milk or maybe a raisin. I digress.

Enjoy the vid. As always, we're continuously working behind-the-scenes on new videos for the 1-on-1 section, and it's our goal to make this section of the site appeal to everyone-- from beginners all the way to our most advanced magicians and cardistry guys (cardistrians? cardists? cardiologists?). In short time, you'll see more and more videos added to this section, shot whenever possible, with the original creator-- so you're not only learning it in-depth, but you're learning it straight from the source.

Keep an eye out for more 1-on-1's coming soon.

Sep 13, 2007
Seoul
2deemagic.com
wow. I came here first! hehe.

Hi, I'm new on T11. I'm sure I'll meet some people that I know though.
in that case "hi guys!! it's me"

oh, and just to keep this on topic.. Great! I just might have to finally dust off my credit card for all the stuff here..

PK

ps. awww.. second. oh well.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Also, as a side note, after reading your feedback in the forums, we made a few changes to the 1-on-1 section page. Firstly, all of the video previews are now widescreen (16 x 9), and 25% larger than they were previously. In addition, we re-encoded all of the preview videos released in the 1-on-1 thus far to make them much more crisp and clear.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Theory 11 is growing, and growing fasT. I can't wait to see what it will be like in about a year ;).

Also, great job on the preview, it is much better that the previews for 4for4 and the rising deck.

Sep 9, 2007
yes it did lang, i wonder if its simplified for greater appeal.

Not really. As someone who constantly praises Kenner's book, you should know that this is almost exactly long gone silver (Three Fry without the coppers), the last production is the only thing that's changed, and the absence of the wand.

Why they changed the name is beyond me.

Just another item touted as "new", and "straight from the underground", despite the fact that everything in the "1-on-1" section is at least 15 years old, and 22 years + in some cases.

With the sole exception of "Panic", not a single item for sale here is new.

Digital Dissolve - old Steve Duscheck routine
Distortion - Copy and paste of an existing gimmick to an existing trick
Witness - published in Lee Asher's "Thinking Out Loud"
The Trilogy - Available months prior to theory 11
TnR - Probably just another Ripped and Restored clone. The tears will probably be similar to Ripped and Restored and Torn.

Theory 11 is here to make money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 14, 2007
Donny:

I don't think I'm saying anything groundbreaking here, but theory11 is a business. They've got an great support team in play (they responded to me in less than 3 hours), and one product release after another in the pipeline (this is the third one-on-one video this past week). It's a business, and they do sell things. They've got an unrivaled team (what up Lee!) and extremely respectable intentions, but it is a business. Nothing wrong with that.

Secondly, this site has existed for less than two weeks, man! Six product releases in under two weeks is pretty damn incredible, and they don't seem to be slowing down the pace any time soon.

Also I think it's a little unprofessional to judge Mathieu Bich's (spelling??!) effect- a FISM winner for close-up magic- before seeing it. This is a routine that has been seen but never taught long before Torn from what I hear, and I think we should withhold judgement of how good it is (or isn't) until we see it. Be patient. These theory11 guys are onto something big. If you aren't feelin it, you don't have to stick around. But I appreciate their work. Keep it comin, guys.

ThreeFry is really cool. Might have to pick this up tomorrow. Then practice all weekend!!

geneXis

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Not really. As someone who constantly praises Kenner's book, you should know that this is almost exactly long gone silver (Three Fry without the coppers), the last production is the only thing that's changed, and the absence of the wand.

Why they changed the name is beyond me.

Just another item touted as "new", and "straight from the underground", despite the fact that everything in the "1-on-1" section is at least 15 years old, and 22 years + in some cases.

With the sole exception of "Panic", not a single item for sale here is new.

Digital Dissolve - old Steve Duscheck routine
Distortion - Copy and paste of an existing gimmick to an existing trick
Witness - published in Lee Asher's "Thinking Out Loud"
The Trilogy - Available months prior to theory 11
TnR - Probably just another Ripped and Restored clone. The tears will probably be similar to Ripped and Restored and Torn.

Theory 11 is here to make money.

You obviously haven't researched this whole T11 thing on the internet machine... Chris Kenner tells us all why he is doing stuff from his book.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume that you have not purchased or received any of the products on T11. If Lee Asher wants to re-release a bad ass effect. Then I don't know why anyone would stop him.

The Trilogy: Who cares? The Bucks are talented kids. Let them sell it on T11.

As far as Bich's TnR: You use the word "probably" meaning you don't know. And what you don't know is that it was created well before TORN's release. And for the kicker... T11 is a business.. now ask yourself, Is Baskin Robbins around only to spread ice cream and cheer to everyone?

Have a wonderful day.

Katie Egleston.

Sep 9, 2007
You obviously haven't researched this whole T11 thing on the internet machine... Chris Kenner tells us all why he is doing stuff from his book.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume that you have not purchased or received any of the products on T11. If Lee Asher wants to re-release a bad ass effect. Then I don't know why anyone would stop him.

The Trilogy: Who cares? The Bucks are talented kids. Let them sell it on T11.
I don't remember ever saying the products weren't good; probably because I didn't. What I said was that in the month and a half that theory 11 built it's internet hype machine, it hammered home the assertion that this was "a revolution", and that "everyone is doing the same tricks", but not these guys. No, THIS would be different, after all, this IS an "underground magic epicenter" is it not?
Yet upon finally seeing the much-hyped theory 11, a vast majority of the material available is already published.

It's not the fact that you're (I use the term "you're" loosely) re-releasing items that's the issue, there are TONS of magicians who re-release items, or write a book, and follow it up with a DVD set.; it's the assertion that they're new, or "underground". Call a spade a spade.

As far as Bich's TnR: You use the word "probably" meaning you don't know.
Thanks for clearing that up...? I was aware that the word "probably" means that I don't know for sure, that's why I used it.

And for the kicker... T11 is a business.. now ask yourself, Is Baskin Robbins around only to spread ice cream and cheer to everyone?
When I said "Theory 11 is here to make money", I guess I was trying to clear things up for any youngsters who'd read this;
"theory11 is a group of 11 individuals united in a strategic alliance under one goal, one mission, and one objective: to advance the art of magic."

and believed it.

Maybe it's because I don't have my contacts in, but I squinted real hard and didn't see anything in there that said "and to make lots of money".

P.S. Baskin Robbins ain't trying to sell Vanilla and the waffle cone as a revolution, honey.

Sincerely,
Donny Mosk

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results