1st Edition vs. 2nd Edition Guardians Question

I recently bought a Guardian deck from a local magic site (I live in aus so I didn't want to pay $20+ shipping to try 1 deck) and they were advertising 2nd ed. Guardians. The deck can't fan for **** and they're also thin and flimsy. I've scoured the forums to find the difference to see if they gave me a 1st ed but all I could find was "look at the T11 logo". But seing as tho I've only one deck I have nothing to compare it to. Can someone explain to me the difference so I can return them to my dealer if I have 1st eds.

There is no possible way to tell the difference unless you have a 1st Edition and 2nd Edition side-by-side. It sounds like you got a 1st Edition, unless it was just a very bad deck and the humidity destroyed it very quickly.

-RA69

But is there any way I can prove to where I purchaced it that they are firsts (even they probably know) is the stock ment to me thicker? has anyone got scans of 1st ed and 2nd box logos?

Jan 3, 2008
Most pictures of Guardians on the internet are 2nd edition guardians, and the one major difference that I know of is the color; 1st edition had more of a grey-backed color, while 2nd edition was a definite "black." So scan a picture of your cards, and compare it to the ones on here.

To Peace! -killer : kam

Sep 1, 2007
Bayme said that there was a slight difference between the 1st ed and 2nd ed boxes but no one has EVER said what it is. I put my 1st and 2nd ed boxes next to each other and couldn't see it (I had to write 1ed on the top flap of my first editions so I would make sure not to use them by accident, lol)

Just got a deck of 2nd eds today!

The visual difference between them is blatent and obvious, the ring around the "T11" logo on both the card and box is orange on the 1sts and yellow on the 2nds.

2nd eds. actually fan too!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results