2 Minutes to Review the Breezy Project Vol 1 and 2

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq6Dplcu2mw[/video]

Jibrizy looks like a talented creative magician, he has a unique character in the world of magic and I can see his magic being very popular in the future. On the breezy project you get a few creative ideas and a couple solid tricks.

Gone and Back
Phase 1: A selected card is placed face up in a fan of three cards, as the fan is turned over the selection visually jumps. This is a sweet idea for a surreal visual moment, I think that it would fit better in some sort of a 3 card monte routine rather than a sandwich routine but it does look good.

Phase 2: The spectator takes the 2 queens in their hand and the magician takes the selection. The selection then changes places with one of the queens in the spectators hand. The way that he performed this live and what he explains is different. His live performance is a little more clear than the explanation. In the explanation he puts the 2 queens under the card box, he makes the selection vanish, he shows that one of the queens is now the selection and produces the other queen. I was a little confused with the explanation about what exactly was supposed to be happening but the trick works fine if you perform it like he did during the live performances.

Phase 3: The selection is in one hand and the queens in the other, as the magician crosses his hands one of the queens changes into the selection. This looks nice and is a nice idea but I feel like it could be executed more clearly. The clean up that is taught is very good.

For Gone and Back he calls it a sandwich routine, it feels like more of a monte routine using a selected card. There are some good ideas here with a confusing presentation.

Chap Wrap: You give a spectator your chap stick to hold, you then shoot a rubber band at them. The band vanishes and appears wrapped around the chap-stick in their hand. This is worth the price of the whole download, and is completely performable and deceptive. This is an actual routine with a few layers of deception going on to produce a great mix of visual and in the hands magic.

Pen Possible: This is really 2 tricks in one. The cap of a pen is repeatedly taken off and thrown back on magically. A rubber band is then pulled through the pen repeatedly while the pen is held by the spectator. There are definitely some interesting ideas here but the overall routine is a little haphazard and lacks the clean smooth quality of Chap Wrap. Still, the rubber band through pen is fairly clever and performable.

So, on this download you get a few good ideas and one solid trick. If you like the idea of Chap Wrap then I would get this. If you are interested in the other effects I feel like there are other places that you could learn similar effects with a cleaner presentation. 2 Stars

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdn9uHWJBFk[/video]

Unlike Breezy volume 1 in Breezy volume 2 there are no live performances. There are some good ideas here again but only a few are developed enough to work for most magicians in the real world. Let’s get into it.

Phone Be Gone: A phone is shown and as the magician reaches into their pocket to grab a rubber band he crushes his phone case showing that the phone has vanished. He then reaches through the rubber band and reproduced his phone. It looks okay in the in studio performance but I don’t see this working great in real life, at least not in my hands. You need a specific type of phone case for this to work as well. Seeing a live performance of this would probably give me more faith in the method.

Quick Clip: With a toss a borrowed ring and a paper clip link. This is good trick, I tried it out and it works like a charm. There is no complex setup and it can be performed with almost any ring. This is a good trick and I wish that the other magic on this project was up to its standard.

Billy: Here he jumps directly into the explanation without a live performance or in studio performance. A bill is signed and placed in the card case, it then vanishes from the case and ends up wrapped around a selected playing card. The bill vanishes again and ends up in the magicians pocket. This is fine but it is not my favorite. There is little motivation in the presentation here. The way he teaches it it would be performable but it is not something that I would ever do.

This project feels like a quick brainstorm. The presentations are confusing to me and the ideas are not complete. Jibrizy seems like a nice guy but there is a lot of improvement to be made in this project. If you like the idea of quick clip you will probably use it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results