2nd Edition Bicycle guardians?

Sep 18, 2007
muncie, IN
I know there was a thread that said they were coming out Monday oct. 8 but they havent come out yet. So does anyone know for sure when the 2nd edition will be relased to buy? thanks

Sep 2, 2007
There was no official announcement, to my knowledge, about the Guardans being released on October 8th.

However, an announcement about the 2nd Editions is coming "soon." You can probably expect them to be released within a week, given that there are no complications.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
One of the T11 guys said in the other thread that they'll be out in a day or two, they're just waiting for the shipment to get in.

Dana Hocking said:
The Guardians will be released very soon. It took a little while because we did a lot of revamping based on the feedback that we got from you guys. We aren't willing to compromise on quality - we'd rather wait than release something prematurely (which technically costs us more money, but makes us proud of the products that we offer).

Oh, and by very soon I mean days, not weeks (we're just waiting for the shipment). As soon as they arrive (and assuming that they're up to par), we'll offer them again.

Sep 2, 2007
Here are the changes in the 2nd Editions:
We worked hard not only on the looks, but the feel. We received tons of comments and feedback from you guys across the spectrum. The vast majority of you loved the feel and the finish-- they're the only deck I've felt that can faro so easily out of the box. They're soft. But for some of you, particularly those in humid environments, you sent us feedback that you'd like the second edition to be much more durable, and last longer. We listened.

The Bicycle Guardians 2nd Edition are being printed as we speak. We took in your feedback on the 1st Edition like a sponge, and we immediately acted on your suggestions. The 2nd Edition Guardians have been renovated from the top down. We've changed the type of coating, the finish, the paper stock-- everything. Every single element of the deck has been brought to an even higher level of quality.

This high elevation in quality did not come without a cost, though, and the production cost per deck has risen significantly as a result. That said, unfortunately, we must increase the... ... just kidding. Even though the quality of the 2nd Edition will be even higher, your price will remain the same.

We've done everything we could to make the 2nd Edition as high quality as we could imagine. We've experimented with the paper stock, the finish, and the coating, and we changed all of them dramatically. The result is something we think you'll be VERY pleased with. Wayne Houchin tested the new feel this past weekend-- all weekend-- and the deck still fans flawlessly after extensive abuse all weekend. And just so you know how we do our research-- Wayne was sent 6 decks that all looked the same, but each had a different coating and finish. One of them had the exact coating we'll be using on the 2nd Edition Guardians. He didn't know which was the real deal until he called me a few moments ago with his favorite. Which deck lasted the longest-- bar none? The new finish. It was the only deck still usable after a full weekend of extensive use and abuse by both Wayne and Aaron Fisher.

Will the 2nd Edition feel different? Without a doubt. For those of you who were totally in love with the feel of the 1st Edition, hold onto them tight. While there is no exact science to playing card feel and finish, we have done everything in our power to ramp up the quality, feel, finish, and durability of the 2nd Edition-- and we think you'll dig them.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
I would figure look for the guardians to be out within the next 3 days or so because that is when The Trilogy is released and in the contest they say you will be sent the FIRST Trilogy DVD and a 2nd edition pack of Guardians, so they should probably be available before the winner of the contest is announced and before the Trilogy is for sale because the winner gets the FIRST Trilogy disk set.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results