3-4 person card trick suggestions

Feb 21, 2018
Hey guys Ive only been practicing magic for three months and I’m trying to come up with a routine to be able to perform in front of a crowd. For the finale I want to have 3 to 4 spectators be involved with the trick.Mentilism is not really my style and I already know the Three Burglars any ideas??

Aug 15, 2017
Mentilism is not really my style
hmm...what about mind reading?
Being serious here :)
EXTREMELY BASICALLY, mentalism is more serious than mind reading magic. In mentalism, people are supposed to believe it is almost genuine while in mind reading magic, you can definitely perform in a lighter mood and let the audience play along, with a suspension of disbelief.
any ideas??
There are many multiple-spectator card tricks you can do, which are ultimately almost all 'pick a card, any card' effect. What kind of sleights do you already know? That might be helpful in recommending something?

And one more thing, with clever usage, most tricks can be used as multiple-spectator tricks, just requires a little bit of brain-wracking.

Have you considered the fact that if you just have someone hold a prediction (which you could have otherwise put on the table), they feel they played a part in the trick too?

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Con-Cam Coincidencia by Paul Wilson.

Poker Players Picnic Redux (a.k.a. The Contest) by Ed Oschmann and Tom Dobrowolski.

Both of these involve you and three spectators. They are also self-working, freeing you up to focus on your assistants and your presentation.

Oct 19, 2015
'You do as I do' is one of my favorite card tricks to do with 3-4 people. Of course you typically work with only one of the group, although, do to the fact that this one spectator is trying to follow and do exactly what you are doing with his/her deck, this draws the other spectators in.....also you could probably get the spectators to trade off in trying to do as you do with that second deck!

This trick is in Encyclopedia of Card Tricks, by Hugard and I also think it is in Mark Wilson's book Complete Course in Magic....

Good Luck

Reactions: Al e Cat Dabra
Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
"Anyone Can Be a Magician" in Harry Lorayne's The Magic Book is a good trick to do that involves multiple spectators. It's easy to learn and perform, so you can focus on your presentation. It's based on the one ahead principle.

I think it's a fairly common trick, and you'll also find it in Magic For Dummies by David Pogue, where it is taught under the name The Three Card `Pick By Touch' Test.

Quite a few magic websites also teach it as a beginner trick (with minor variations) under the name X Ray Vision. For example: [link].

In his video Amazing Secrets of Card Magic, Michael Ammar also teaches a simpler version with just two cards under the name Mind Power.

As always, a good presentation is key, and with good showmanship and well-executed, it can still surprise spectators.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results