30 dollars whats an excellent effect

Sep 22, 2007
Hey guys I have 30 dollars and i was wondering what i could buy that is excellent I've been looking at impervious but coin in bottles i don't know they don't really interest me because i bought sealed in and that was a bad experience i wasn't a big fan of that tricks do you have any recomendations

Sep 22, 2007
i also like mentalism and levitation lol i like it all im into a variety of magic i was jw what is a worth while effect

you know you can just edit your previous post instead of making a new one.... but yeah i rather spend the money on a book instead of a single effect. but if i must buy a single effect (and i will when i get my paycheck) i would go with Digital Dissolve.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Heh, someone today just asked me to do a trick for them and my cards were in the car. So I asked if they had a business card and did stigmata for them.
It's been a while since Ive done it. What a great effect!
(And under 30ish)

J

Sep 22, 2007
thanks i do own both of those along with panic (stigmata and digital dissolve) i was just looking for something cool

Sep 2, 2007
Digital Dissolve is a simple looking trick that blow's the mind of one's audience. It's a little above your budget of $30.00, as it's $34.95, but the effect is well worth it.

The coins that are included, themselves, are worth twice the price of the effect. I bought Silver Dream for $29.95 on E, and the gaffs for it are selling for $34.50. I like Digital Dissolve better than Silver Dream (no offense, Justin Miller) for its price and its unfathomable hard-hitting simplicity. The effect/trick is a methaphorical killer.

You go up to somebody perform the effect and in a couples of seconds (or minutes, depending on their aptitude) you'll flabbergast them over and over and over and over and over again (though performing the effect more than once to the same person/audience would violate the "Canons of Magic" set forth by Penn and Teller).

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
He said he has DD already.

I think you should get one of these:
fraud
De'Ring(not sure on price)
or Sh4de by daniel garcia, a cool shadow coins effect with only 4 coins! (also taught on DGP on 2nd DVD i think)

Sep 2, 2007
He said he has DD already.

Your right, my mistake.

Buy something that will improve your sleight, not just get new ones.
Add in 5 dollars and get Paper Engine by Aaron Fisher.

That's a good point.

You can buy Panic and 4-for-4. Panic and 4-for-4 would go well together, and can be used simultaneously – have four cards selected, and then use 4-for-4 to turn them into the four kings, leading to Panic. However, Panic does come with another effect, “Widespread Panic,” which could serve as a prequel to Panic, so you might want take the $4.95 and maybe buy a deck of Guardians. But, Panic has been my most used effect, followed by Digital Dissolve, and Distortion – and I love it, and I'm 99.989% sure you will too.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
Is Widespread Panic an Easter Egg? It just plays with the rest of the dvd, so I jsut assumed it was an alternate handling.

You're right, it's not.

I used my computer to play the DVD -- I didn't realize that the just bloopers and the additional performances were the easter eggs, not including "Widespread Panic" -- my bad.

Cheers,
JTM

Digital Dissolve is a simple looking trick that blow's the mind of one's audience. It's a little above your budget of $30.00, as it's $34.95, but the effect is well worth it.

The coins that are included, themselves, are worth twice the price of the effect. I bought Silver Dream for $29.95 on E, and the gaffs for it are selling for $34.50. I like Digital Dissolve better than Silver Dream (no offense, Justin Miller) for its price and its unfathomable hard-hitting simplicity. The effect/trick is a methaphorical killer.

You go up to somebody perform the effect and in a couples of seconds (or minutes, depending on their aptitude) you'll flabbergast them over and over and over and over and over again (though performing the effect more than once to the same person/audience would violate the "Canons of Magic" set forth by Penn and Teller).

Cheers,
JTM

The same exact gaff for Silver Drean(Roy Keuppers shell) is available on Penguin for $28. I'm picking one up later this month.

You said your looking for something cool? A lot of tricks are cool. I got Hit the Road with Paul Wilson and Lee asher and it's the most fun I've ever had with a dvd. Including non-magic Dvds!

Killer Key by Jay Sankey

Sinful by Wayne Houchin( No I refuse to call it masterminds Volume 1, or anything related to Criss Angel. It cheapens the trick)

I could name tons more, but I won't.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results