4 For 4: An Instant Download by Chris Kenner

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Since this is an Instant download, I won't be reviewing the picture quality.
Just know that it's exactly the same as Panic's, which is probably the same as Distortion's.

Effect:
Four Aces are shown on top of the deck. The cards are shown front and back-- and are completely ungimmicked. The Aces are turned face down, and then instantly overturned to display Four Kings. Learn the move and learn the subtleties that make it look oh-so-natural...

Setup:
There is some setup, it takes about 20 seconds

My Thoughts On The Effect:
This is a very basic trick, nothing too extravagent or flashy. A good trick for beginners, but there is a variation that he teaches at the end of the video that I like a little better.
This trick would work as a good opener in my opinion. It was only 5 bucks, but it's a cute little effect. EDIT: This sleight isn't cute. It is the freaking sexy. If I could marry this effect, I would.
I thought that I just had: Since this trick works with the 4 Ace and then the 4 Kings, I suppose that someone could use the trick as the setup for Widespread Panic and then Panic.

Pro's:
Simple, and easy to do
Looks cool
Good effect for beginners
It's only $5
Chris is a good teacher

Con's:
It's not that great unless you're new to card magic
I don't know why, but the whole effect seems kind of lacking...

Overall thought:
This is a neat little trick for $5 and could go good with Panic, but unless you're a beginner, you probably won't use this trick very often.

7/10​

Another EDIT: This isn't an effect, it's a utility sleight/switch. I was mistaken when I called it a trick.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
4for4 is normally used primarily as a utility switch, not necessarily as a standalone trick. You can use it in conjunction with hundreds of other effects that use a four card switch -- the possibilities are endless, and when executed correctly, it's completely undetectable.

Just wanted to throw that in.

IT seems like a cleaner version of what I would use mercury aces for (if I had the right effects for a routine I would put together) Start with an invisible palm with routine with the four aces, throw them on the deck. Turn them back over as kings and go into widespread panic, into panic. (Work that small section of trick into a larger routine and bingo, well set up.)

Sep 2, 2007
I'm still waiting for this to download. 111 MB for a five-dollar vid? Must definitely be worth the price and then some. I just started playing around with Ace routines, so this video showed up at just the right time. I should definitely be able to use this.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
4for4 is normally used primarily a utility switch, not necessarily as a standalone trick. You can use it in conjunction with hundreds of other effects that use a four card switch-- the possibilities are endless, and when executed correctly, it's completely undetectable.

Ohhhh my bad!
I did a quick little runthrough and this coudl def. work as a setup to Panic.

Aug 31, 2007
Yes, Mr Kenner did.

Sorry, just a quick question: Will these videos remain there permanently, or will they get replaced with new ones every week?

- harapan. magic!

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Is there a license you get with the download or can you watch it everywhere/on several pc's?

Because if this is the same thing as with the E videos i cant watch it because im unable to enter the license until my Windows accepts that it is no faked version...

Sep 1, 2007
UK
This is, as stated earlier, not really an effect in itself... more a utility move that will allow you to accomplish many differing effects.

I'll give an example:

The four aces are signed and laid face down on a table, you hand the deck for the spec to shuffle and all four are placed back in the deck.
A magical gesture etc and the spec can look through the deck to find no aces... they have travelled to your pocket/card case/under glass/in your mouth etc.

The above is easily accomplished with just Kenner's move and a gamblers cop/palm etc.

Anyway, im looking forward to seeing what else comes in the 1-on-1 section as I already have a few four card switches, and I wasn't keen on the card rise effect.
Kenner's 3 fly i'd be interested in though, along with hopefully some never seen before material or more underground sleights.

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Lets make it as easy as possible.

Can you watch the video right after downloading it without entering some kind of licence?
Just download, open and enjoy?

Please answer with "yes" or "no, you have to..."
or something like that...
I really want to buy it....

Aug 31, 2007
4for4 is normally used primarily a utility switch, not necessarily as a standalone trick. You can use it in conjunction with hundreds of other effects that use a four card switch-- the possibilities are endless, and when executed correctly, it's completely undetectable.

You can also use it to great effect when desiring to switch out less than four cards. For an example of this, and for an example of the 4for4 used in the context of a trick, check out Dan and Dave's The Trilogy.

I do not have the new 1 on 1 Instant Download of the 4for4 Utility Switch, but I can tell you that the move itself is excellent. Since I learned it, I have realized how many different applications it can be used for. Your imagination really is the limit for this one, so learn it and start playing!

J.

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
If you do not own "Totaly Out of Control" by Chris Kenner, then you probably should fix that...lol. It is such an incredible book which teaches these effects and more. However if you really need a lot of help with sleights then buy this as well, it is an excellent 4 card switch.
Adam

Sep 1, 2007
Lets make it as easy as possible.

Can you watch the video right after downloading it without entering some kind of licence?
Just download, open and enjoy?

Please answer with "yes" or "no, you have to..."
or something like that...
I really want to buy it....

Yes. Yes you can. At the page that confirms your order on the bottom will be a download link. Just click it and download the video and play it.

Definitely. This is a great move, and something that I too have numerous ideas based around it. Once you get it down, it looks sooooooo nice and clean. Spend the time to get it perfect...not nice, but perfect. You won't regret it. I promise.

Best.
Steve

P.S. ThreeFry is also a great routine. Seriously. The one-handed coin vanish at the end...can you say orgasmic?? :D

Sep 1, 2007

I agree that the move is great. As mentioned, there are some effects that include the switch within them, like a couple of the effects in the Dan and Dave trilogy. The switch is taught in the trilogy but the download quickly improved my switch. Is funny how Chris pointed out everything I was doing wrong within a 10 minute download! Trust me, if you have ever had problems with this switch, download the video and your angles will be fixed almost instantly. Also, its worth mentioning that Chris teaches a very simple effect to do with the switch at the end of the video. Don't forget, we are only limited by our imagination!:D

Juan. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results