40 Ways to Force a Card Part II

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Hofzinser Force-

This, is one of my favorite forces. You spread the cards between your hands, and ask the spectator to touch any card. You square up the packet above the card they selected, have them look at the card they touched, and it is your force card. Very good force.

Hofzinser Force Hint-

In this chapter, Gerry tells you when to use a force, and how to practice forces. I honestly have no idea why this was under Hofzinser Force Hint.

Dribble Force-

In this force, you dribble the cards into your hand, and have the spectator say stop whenever they want. They, of course, stop on your force card. This is one of those "timing" forces, which I still have to practice.

Just Say When Force-

Another timing force. You have a spectator hold out their hand, or you can do it on a table, and you cut packets into their hand/onto the table. You tell them to say stop whenever they would like, and they stop you at your force card. Amazing!

Face Up Hindu Force-

Why this wasn't with the other Hindu Forces, I have no idea. It looks the same as the Hindu Shuffle Forces, except with a face up deck.

Roll Over Half Force-

This is also one of my favorite forces. It also resembles the Riffle Force in the way it looks. You riffle down the side of the deck, and have the spectator say stop whenever they would like. Whenever they say stop, you roll half of the deck over to your other hand, and have them look at the card they stopped on. Amazingly, it is your force card. Just a hint, this force is not a good one to do more than once or twice to the same audience, because they will figure it out.

Classic Force-

Considered by me and many other magicians to be the best force, The Classic Force is one of the most "fair looking" forces around. You spread through the cards and have the spectator select any card they want, and the one they take is your force card. This one will take practice, but it is well worth it.

Bridging The Deck Force-

I personally don't like this force, but, once again, that's a matter of personal opinion. You have the spectator cut the pack wherever they want, and they cut to the force card. This is another one of those "opportunity" forces, as Gerry calls them. This means they won't always cut to the card you want.

Helpful Hint-

This basically tells you to get a Card Guard to keep your cards in "perfect" condition.

Hot Rod Force-

If you own a Hot Rod, you know this one. You lay out 6 cards on the table, have a spectator choose a number from 1 to 6, and you count/spell that number, and the card you land on is your force card.

Two Marked Card Force-

In this force, you take the Jokers out of the pack to use later in the force. You deal cards one by one and have one spectator say stop whenever you want, and you mark the place they stop at with one Joker. You then repeat this process with another spectator. You square up the deck, and spread through the cards, and the Jokers are beside your two force cards. This is an awesome force, and is one that I use often.

Behind the Back Force-

This requires you to know the Charlier Cut, so it will take some practice. You take one Joker from the top, and place it on top of the deck. You put the deck behind the spectator's back, and they plunge the card into the middle of the pack. You spread through the cards, and the Joker is next to your force card.

Short Card Force-

This force does require a gimmick card, so be ready for a tad bit of setup and work to make this work. You riffle the cards with the pack facing the audience, and tell them to memorize one card, and the one they memorize is your force card. Another "opportunity" force.

Peeking -A- Card-

Another timing force. You riffle down the side of the pack, allowing only the spectator to see the faces. They say stop whenever they want, and you show that they stopped on your force card.

Spectator Number Force-

The spectator names a number between 1 and 52. You deal that many cards, and then have the spectator do the same. The last card they deal down is the force card.

Hidden Force-

In this force, you cover the deck with a handkerchief, and ask the spectator to cut the cards wherever they want, and, naturally, they cut to your force card. This is very deceptive, and nobody will figure out that this is a force.

Card Hint-

In this chapter, Gerry says that you should borrow the deck from your spectator, just so the spectator knows that you aren't using a trick deck.

Cut Deeper Force-

Here, you have the spectator cut a small packet of cards and put them face up on top of the deck. Then you tell them to cut a little bit deeper, and they do. You turn that packet face up, put it on top of the deck, and spread through the cards until you come to the first face down card. This, of course, is your force card.

Ed Balducci's Cut Deeper Force-

This force is the same as the Cut Deeper Force, except you do it once before the actual force, just to prove that their selection is actually a "random" card.

Bluff Force-

This is also known as the Paul le Paul Bluff Pass. What happens is you riffle down the edge and tell the spectator to say stop whenever they would like. They say stop, and you flash the card they stopped at to them, which is your force card.

Future Predictions-

This is a nice little effect. You first set two card to the side as your predictions. You then have the spectator deal down however many card they would like from the top, middle, and bottom of the pack. After they are satisfied, you deal that pile into two stacks. You turn over the top cards of those two piles, and they match the colors and numbers of your predictions. For example, if the top two cards were the Queen of Hearts and 7 of Spades, your predictions would be the Queen of Diamonds and the 7 of Clubs.

Pinky Riffle Force-

This is yet again a timing force. You riffle down the side of the pack and have the spectator say stop whenever they like. They say stop, and you flash the card they said stop at, which is your force card, of course.

Multi Cut Force-

In this force, you have the spectator cut the deck into four piles. You take the cards off of each pile, and they are the four force cards of your choice. I like to use this force with Spectator Cuts to the Aces.

Gimmick Card Force-

This obviously uses a gimmicked card, and that is why I don't really care for it. What happens is you take a card out of the deck, and have the spectator put it face up into the deck wherever they would like. You spread the cards over, and they have put it into the deck right next to your force card.

Gimmick Card Force Extras-

This chapter gives you some good ideas for using your gimmicked cards, and different methods of creating your gimmicked card and also ditching the gimmicked part of your card so you can hand the card out for examination.

Gimmick Card Force w/ Money-

This is using a bill of any denomination as a marker in the deck instead of a card. It does not involve ruining any money, but it does use the same gimmick as the card in the previous chapters.

Overall-

Overall, I thought this was an awesome DVD, and definitely the best resource I have for forces. Gerry Griffin is an amazing teacher, and gives you many hints and subtleties that will make your forces that much better.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results