4for4 Practical Applications

Sep 1, 2007
Could anybody give me some examples of tricks that I might be able to use 4for4 for?

Thanks

Sep 1, 2007
Oh snap! I've got one. A 4 card monte using the blackjack turn over move to always switch the chosen card for the same ace. Then they all change to kings. That makes enough sense to me.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
In Another side of me by Joshua Jay -A very recent release on penguin magic.

There is a very practical application for this in a trick he does, I'm not going to say which for exposure reasons.

Sep 1, 2007
In Another side of me by Joshua Jay -A very recent release on penguin magic.

There is a very practical application for this in a trick he does, I'm not going to say which for exposure reasons.

This is a very good application of the 4for4. Of course you see a very simple use in the download (a very quick funny trick). However, you can alter that particular handling and patter to fit other tricks. Don't forget what the move is, a change of some cards into some others (usually 4). This means that you can do it smoothly and invisibly and go into anything you want were the new cards have some significance.

:D

Juan.

One I can think of off the top of my head is Syd Segal's "Thank You LePaul" effect from his book, Full Metal Jacket.

But if you think about it, the For4For has endless possibilites for applications. Really any trick that uses a single or multiple card-switch from the top of the deck will work, right? I don't quite understand the meaning behind this topic, unless you're after more than just a switch?

Take care,
Jordan

I have seen Daniel Garcia use this as a 1 for 1/double lift get ready... worked VERY well.

Also, any gambler routine could use this quite well. I actually did this at a gig a few nights ago. The guy said he'd never play cards with a magician so I put the four aces in the deck and brought them to the top... hehehe

Sharp

Zac

Oct 21, 2007
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
4for4 Routine

I like to do two 4for4 switches and then go into the Daley Show or the Asher Twist.

I came up with (what I think) is an awesome subtlety for the 4for4 switch. PM if you'd like to know, because I'm fairly sure that talking about it here would be exposure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results