6 coins. 1 dog.

Dec 2, 2007
Just in case you missed it in the media section, everyone should watch Chris perform "6 old coins .... and a dog."

http://media.theory11.com/978-Chris-Kenner---6-Coins.-1-Dog.

This is a great effect which appears to be a modern variation of "3 & 3" from Bobo's; however it looks like Chris has added quite a bit of subtleties and is using a pass on the first two phases which I admit is fooling me. (Does anyone know the name of the pass he is using?)

I really like the final phase where Chris shows his hand empty after straightening the stack of coins. (This flew past me the first few times I watched it!)

Maybe one day, this effect will show up in the 1-on-1 section, however if you are looking to perform a similar effect "3 & 3" in Bobo's will give you a very bare bones way of performing the effect. Daryl has a similar effect called the "Cross of India" (as the wrists are crossed during each phase of the effect). I recently checked out Jason Wethington's "2003 - 3 & 3" (on his "TIED" DVD) which is another variation on "3 & 3" which has a killer ending phase (3 coins are picked up in each hand and then all 6 appear in one hand).

Does anyone else know of other variations of "3 & 3"?

What do people think of Chris Kenner's version?

-ThisOneGoesTo11

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I love this, it's fantastic! Coin magic is awesome, I can't do it, but it's still awesome!

Hmm, now like I said I'm not much of a coin person but it looks like it could be the 'M.A. Coin Propulsion'? Found in New Magic of Japan 1988.

I think I understand the last one, showing his hand empty after straightening the stack of coins, that's clever.

Coin magic never ceases to amaze me.

- Sean

Dec 2, 2007
I will have ot lok in bob's again, i don't think I came across that trick.

It is in the Coins Across section (page 153).

I have been meaning to pickup "New Magic of Japan" and "Five time Five: Japan" (since it is now back in print), I will have to take a look at the M.A. coin propulsion. A lot of people have said good things about that move. From what I hear, the move is shown in both books and used in various effects by Masao Atsukawa.

-ThisOneGoesTo11

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I highly recommend getting both of them, they're fantastic books with very creative direct visual magic. :)

If you're looking specifically for the 'M.A. Coin Propulsion', you'll want New Magic of Japan 1988 :)

- Sean

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I also think Kenner's performance was outstanding. This version is very clean. I would also like to see this in a 1-on-1 . The more I learn about Chris the more I'm impressed!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results