A Challenge, or Mere Request, to the T11 Staff

Sep 1, 2007
California
I have been disappointed at the magic world of today. Our standards have dropped, and people refer to us as normal, yet skilled individuals, when we are actually of a class of performers quite rarely found. I think it would be in the best interest of the Theory 11 to have the staff do a little story telling.

Who were your idols in magic? People seem to think you were self taught and spontaneously arrived with brilliant ideas.

What are some books or manuscripts that you truly believe influenced your magic today? Everyone has a beginning, and I don't think we are familiar with how you guys have reached the level of magic you possess.

Who were your mentors, if any? I was lucky enough to have one to guide me through my learning. Did you magic (used as a verb) in groups or with others? For example, Mr. Kenner and Mr. Liwag worked closely together if I am correct.

What are some honest words of advice you'd give to the general public on advancing our magic? A lot of people, including myself, were led astray by certain... marketing businesses... and are struggling to get back on track. When Theory 11 was created, I heard rumors of this site being the savior of magic. I jumped for joy when I learned who was part of the staff, and thought this would be a new beginning. I still think it is.

I would greatly appreciate if the staff would find time in their busy schedules to answer these few questions. I think your answers would have a humongous impact on everyone here. So many people in the forums are "lost" and question where to begin, and where to move to. Maybe doing this would give clarity to those people. I also don't think it would be time wasted. Instead of posting confessions about anything for the T 11 artists, maybe those confessions should be about serious stuff too?

I'm sorry if I disrespect anyone in my thread post. I really don't intend it. I am limited to my vocabulary and ideas in my head, and sometimes what I imagine doesn't quite come down correctly in my writing. I honestly think this would be of great value and importance, and everyone using this site would benefit enormously.

Thanks for being the great staff we know you are. Cheers to magic

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Hmmm. Alot of these questions have been answered in Roundtable Discussions with several T11 artists.

Check out the "interview" Theory11 did with Chris Kenner, it's in the media section. Very old video. I'll see if I can grab the link.

Okay got it. Here it is.
:)

-Sam H

Sep 20, 2008
there are some info on the artists' profile (located near the top right corner)

Personally, i like the mix. I hope Danny gets part of the team though. I like the mix. Chris is an amazing Performer, though im not fond of comedy magic, his sleights are jaw dropping- with the conjunction of d+M and the buck twins, as well as andrei- The flourish part is quite covered.

Lets not forget Lee and aaron, and all the other great artists. I think this should more be a congratulatory thread. haha!

P.s. Andrei, Your perches are MENTAL. =]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results