A couple of card tricks

Hi All!

It’s been a while since i’ve posted anything (busy with accountancy exams…ugh), but I just thought I’d share a couple of routines I’ve been playing with. Apologies for the 'darkness' of the videos, but I only decided to film these at nearly midnight last night!

Jackass

This is a quick FASDIU routine, inspired by the legend that is Roy Walton. Whilst the presentation obviously borrows from ‘Smiling Mule’ the handling was actually inspired by a totally different trick of his, namely ‘Mission Accomplished’ from ‘The Complete Walton Vol: 1’.

The Magic Number

This was inspired by Paul Gordon’s ‘Amazing Four Card Trick', along with Dave Forrest's 'Three Card Trick'. Whilst I like Paul and Dave's handlings, I’m not a big fan of tricks where you get someone to pick a card and then do a bunch of random, unrelated stuff before revealing it. I always feel like you’re just giving them more opportunity to forget their selection. Either way, this was an attempt to create a handling that didn’t involve a selection, put all the focus on the number of cards and also had a ‘definite’ ending.

Thanks for taking the time to check them out. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Have good Sunday!

Rev

Nov 10, 2014
That magic number trick looked very nice, also looked like you could easily lead into something like twisting the aces with those fours.

That magic number trick looked very nice, also looked like you could easily lead into something like twisting the aces with those fours.

Thanks Man. Funnily enough, my original ending was to produce the four Aces, which could then be used for something else. I just decided to use the fours for this video to fit in with the whole 'number' theme.

Rev

Nov 10, 2014
Thanks Man. Funnily enough, my original ending was to produce the four Aces, which could then be used for something else. I just decided to use the fours for this video to fit in with the whole 'number' theme.

Rev
Yeah, it is very nice, maybe you should consider submitting a few tricks to The Wire, the ending on that trick is very unique and I really didn't see it coming.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results