A couple of new sleights

magicollie

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2007
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about releasing these 4 new sleights onto the wire as one download, what do you guys think? Thanks.

Link has now been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2009
It was decent. It seems like you created them just for the sake of putting them on the Wire. The controls look too jerky when you randomly shift to a side position. I couldn't tell what happened in the Down change, it was way to fast, and the fan change looked suspicious. The card starts out outjogged, but ends up flush? Doesn't make sense.
They have potential, but need some work as well.

magicollie

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2007
It was decent. It seems like you created them just for the sake of putting them on the Wire. The controls look too jerky when you randomly shift to a side position. I couldn't tell what happened in the Down change, it was way to fast, and the fan change looked suspicious. The card starts out outjogged, but ends up flush? Doesn't make sense.
They have potential, but need some work as well.

Thank you for your comment. The controls are quite natural live. I have posted a link to the down change below so you can see the full change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1alrvu8kzw

I push the card in during the fan change but in my opinion it doesn't take away from the change. I have variations where the card is left out jogged the whole time.

Jun 1, 2009
The change looked nice, but try to loosen up a bit when handling the cards, I'm feeling a lot of tension, and it makes it almost a little uncomfortable to watch. Just something to keep conscience of.

magicollie

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2007
The change looked nice, but try to loosen up a bit when handling the cards, I'm feeling a lot of tension, and it makes it almost a little uncomfortable to watch. Just something to keep conscience of.

Thanks for the tip.

I just can't see these moves being very practical in performance. What advantage do I have using one of your controls rather than a classic pass or even a overhand shuffle? Why should I pay money for a moves that are inferior to ones that I already know? These are questions that I would ask as a buyer.

I've seen a few really good ideas from you, it just happens that these aren't some of them.

Also as a side-note "a couple" refers to two things, not four. ;)

magicollie

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks for your comment Tom. I have taken all them comments into account and decided not to release these moves at the present time. I think you would use the Side Shift Control instead of a pass as:

1) Someone can burn your hands and will not see the move

2) It flows and demonstrates your skill.

Thanks, I realized after I posted the topic, stupid mistake.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results