A Couple Tutorials

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Both moves are Sybil/Z-Grip variations which, while not inherently bad, are certainly a bit overdone. That said, I thought the second move had a nice flair to it.

Your teaching was pretty good overall - just make sure things don't get rushed. Break the move down into sections and teach each one, making sure you give the person enough time to catch up to you. For even clearer learning, subtitles/captions are good.

As for production quality, check out the stickied thread "How to Improve Your Videos Overnight" - it's a great way to learn little things you can do here and there to increase the visual quality of your videos.

Best,
Vince

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Hey, thank you for the feedback. I've been trying to improve my general production quality; I'm slowly making my way there. I won't be filming Avatar 2 anytime soon.

As for the moves themselves, it's interesting how I heavily rely on the Z-Grip to make a move. I was thinking along the lines of making a simpler Madonna-style cut and a rotating Squeeze cut. But in retrospect, yes, the original Madonna and Squeeze both need Z-Cuts.

I appreciate your advice, maybe I need to teach some of my more original material.

Feb 10, 2013
I am no cardistry expert or video expert so I will to have the advice vinnie has. I do however have my opinion on the flourishes. Me, being a very beginner flourisher kind of guy, liked the first one a lot. I only know how to so a simple Sybil and the Werm as far as multi packet cuts and displays go. Because of this level of skill, the second one was a bit hard to follow, but I am working on it nonetheless. The first one is fun to do. I like it. I always wanted to start flourishing because I like that rotating kind of flow of some of the fancy flourishes out there. For me, the first one had that kind of pizzazz without being super difficult for my skill level. Because of that, I liked it a lot and will definitely mess around with it until I can show some people how cool it is.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results