A Critical Evaluation

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
I've had this on my mind for a very long time now and it's time for some opinions on them.

A lot of you probably know the Italian Coin Maestro Giacomo Bertini. His coin work is revolutionary, and very hard. What differs him from most coin magicians is that he neglects the use of simulated moves, and instead relies on the old school type of sleight of hand.

Now my question is, does his methods work on laypeople? Can you get away with a Shift Pass? A Pdisplay? A Pload?

Whereas I understand that an audience could never figure out what the shift pass actually does, they might still see the movement as very mistrustful, and therefor kill the magical experience. Or do you actually get away with it as being just a hand gesture?

Do you get away with the Pdisplay due to its cleanness or does it kill the magic that the hands need to be fused so closely together, killing the actual experience of for an example, a coins across routine?

Have any of you tried his techniques on laypeople? If so, how did they react?

It seems to me that Giacomo has had a lot of appearances at magic shows for magicians, but not for laypeople? Is he merely a magician fooler or is it just me being paranoid?

I would love elaborated answers from all of you who has been in contact with his material.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results