A few Paul Harris questions

Nov 19, 2008
what effects are on art of astonishment and could you give a brief description of some of them?
Which volume(s) of Stars of magic are your favorites?
what are his best products overall?

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
1. Not sure if you mean Art of Astonishment, or True Astonishments, but I will link to both of them here and here respectively.

2. I only have volume 7 'all stars' but I like it.

3. I am partial to the AoA books, in my opinion they are his best products having not seen the True Astonishments DVDs.

Nov 8, 2007
My favorite PH effects:

Leaf (AoA)
Anything Deck (AoA)
Backlash (AoA)
Impromptu Nightshades (AoA)
Las Vegas Leaper (AoA)
Counterfeit Spectator (AoA)
Ladybug

Oct 8, 2008
California
I to am very interested in the AOA books but they price of them is kinda steep..any insight to what book is considered best and such would be great..I have been readin around tryin to find out about them but any bit more i can get helps..
keith

If you can be patient and wait a day or two, I'll write up a full review of the highlights of the Art of Astonishment series. In my opinion, these books have revolutionized close-up magic and consistently changed the way magicians creatively think as performers. There's something awesome for everyone of all skill levels in every volume, so I highly doubt you'll be disappointed with any of the three books. At one point or another in your time in magic, you're going to want/need all three volumes in your library. They're awesome.

RS.

I to am very interested in the AOA books but they price of them is kinda steep.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The price is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
There's like a billion tricks in there for only a couple of hundred dollars.
You can either hang around on a computer and buy effects for $30 each, or get better quality effects, explained perfectly, for like a cent each.
Plus, holding the books in your hands is worth the price alone.
These books are the SHIZZLE to the friggin NIZZLE

May 3, 2008
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The price is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
There's like a billion tricks in there for only a couple of hundred dollars.
You can either hang around on a computer and buy effects for $30 each, or get better quality effects, explained perfectly, for like a cent each.
Plus, holding the books in your hands is worth the price alone.
These books are the SHIZZLE to the friggin NIZZLE

I concur. Word count.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
You will kick yourself for not buying the whole 3 book set. Each book has a whole index in the back and you will end up reading the names of effects in the books you didnt get and it will drive you nuts. If you have to wait and save up then do that, matter of fact do whatever you have to, get all 3 books. You wont regret it.

Nov 8, 2007
You will kick yourself for not buying the whole 3 book set. Each book has a whole index in the back and you will end up reading the names of effects in the books you didnt get and it will drive you nuts. If you have to wait and save up then do that, matter of fact do whatever you have to, get all 3 books. You wont regret it.

This man speaks the truth. Save yourself the headache and get all 3.

Jul 29, 2008
ss

the books are great value for money. i believe its 222 effects for about 130 dollars, and alot of them are great.heres my favorites

color stunner(book1)- color changing triumph effect

solid deception(book1)-ambitious card with a solid deck

reset(book1)- a transposition with four aces and four kings

las vegas split(book1) a good lead into reset

the phantom cue cards, la la lu lu's(book1) kinda alike to the biddle trick

backlash(book1)- no palm card to pocket transposition thing.

thats all i can think of right now off the top of my head for book 1. theres ALOT more things ive used/use from book 1, but i cant remember that many

limo service(book3)-uhm, added phase for reset

tic-tac(book3)-coin through tic tac case.

leaf(book3)-reattach a marked leaf to a tree

hot chocolate(book3) blow on a chocolate wrapper and make real chocolate

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results