A funny thing that happened to me last friday

Mar 16, 2018
This is something that happened to me last friday.

So I was competing on the junior (under 18 years old) national Championship of magic under the categorie of card magic.

Now I was doing the routine that I had been working on, trained and perfected infront of about a hundred magicians, and then this happened:

Everything had been going on smoothly until the part where I was going to do a card to mouth effect. So, when I put the deck of cards of mouth in my mouth to roll up my sleeves the hole deck in my mouth launched out of my mouth and exploded all around the table. At the same time a small sore in my mouth had opened and half of a card had blood on it. To make matters worse, the folded card in my mouth was not the selected card was not their card.

However I managed to improvise and none of the magicians (except the ones that had seen the routine Before) seemed to notice that the ending was improvised. I even managed to get third in the competition!

I hope this helps to show beginners that because the adience dosen't know the ending, it dosen't matter if you do something wrong because they don't know how its going to end, and if maicians don't notice, lay people won't.

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Way to persevere, much respect to you for that and congrats! Placing under those circumstances says a lot for you and your performance.

Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
Congratulations to the original poster, for your third place in the competition, and for making a quick recovery from what could have been a disaster! Bravo!

It can happen even to the best. Here's Ricky Jay performing on television and messing up with his Ace production routine, but he does very well to recover.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results