A good idea on saving some cash

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
This is an idea that my dad gave to me when I first got into magic, and an idea that I thought I would pass on to the rest of you.

What if you were to take 10%, just 10% of what you spend on a magic item that you purchase, and put it away in savings? It doesn't necessarily have to be in the bank, it could be in a money jar, or in a little box under your bed. But think about it; I've spent between $50-65 dollars on magic this month, and I'll probably spend more when the G2E and Witness(Guardian 2nd Editions) come out. If you were to put 10% of the money you spent in savings, you could save alot of money over time. I would have saved $6 or 7 dollars this month alone on products purchased from Theory 11. And that doesn't include the various other items I've purchased elsewhere, like cards, coins and Instant Downloads.
In my mind, it's just a smart choice. Take 10% of whatever you buy, be it a deck of Guardians, or Witness, or Bullet or whatever it may be, and put it in savings. Eventually, you could get a nice little wad of cash in your pocket.

To recap:
Lets say I'm buying Witness. That'll be $30.
Take $3, put it away in savings.
Repeat when necessary.

I'm afraid that it may have been confusing. In my mind it made prefect sense, but if you aren't understanding something, let me know.

This is an idea that my dad gave to me when I first got into magic, and an idea that I thought I would pass on to the rest of you.

What if you were to take 10%, just 10% of what you spend on a magic item that you purchase, and put it away in savings? It doesn't necessarily have to be in the bank, it could be in a money jar, or in a little box under your bed. But think about it; I've spent between $50-65 dollars on magic this month, and I'll probably spend more when the G2E and Witness(Guardian 2nd Editions) come out. If you were to put 10% of the money you spent in savings, you could save alot of money over time. I would have saved $6 or 7 dollars this month alone on products purchased from Theory 11. And that doesn't include the various other items I've purchased elsewhere, like cards, coins and Instant Downloads.
In my mind, it's just a smart choice. Take 10% of whatever you buy, be it a deck of Guardians, or Witness, or Bullet or whatever it may be, and put it in savings. Eventually, you could get a nice little wad of cash in your pocket.

To recap:
Lets say I'm buying Witness. That'll be $30.
Take $3, put it away in savings.
Repeat when necessary.

I'm afraid that it may have been confusing. In my mind it made prefect sense, but if you aren't understanding something, let me know.

Thanks good advice I need any I can get I'm somewhat new and I want to get some much, be it cards, the system, generation extreme, accesories,a close up pad. 2nd edition guardians etc. etc. etc.
thanks,
Michael

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results