A Hard Lesson On Props...

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
A Hard Lesson On Props...
Hello everyone...

So...minutes ago I was reorganizing my furniture that contains all my magic... from books, dvds, kids magic kits and lot´s of stuff... I was very happy to see stuff I haven´t seen in a while...mostly because I used to buy the latest trick...then I abandoned it...

Then I stumble across a purple box...my M5... I use this thing for gigs once in a while...awesome...

wait...it´s empty... what the heck?

I calmly start to check other parts of the furniture...then my room... then my jacket (remember the last "A Magician Journal" that jacket!!!) and then a blurry memory returns... in order to be clean when I finish a trick with a moving coin using the m5 from under the table...I stick it there...that thing is heavy!!

Ok...by this moment you guys realize what happened..and this was all my fault...since I should have double checked myself when I was leaving the gig... in order to see if something was missing...but noooooo....I had to get dinner first...

Right now I hope everybody learns a value lesson from here... to always take care of your expensive gimmicks...and be sure what you carry around....also..never ever leave your stuff around...doesn´t matter if it´s heavy or unconfortable or you are in a friends house...unless you have arranged a place with the client to leave you stuff..and still...check it out once in a while..

Right now I messaged my girlfriend to find out if she remembers anything...but I feel this is a lost cause...

This could happen to any of you... please do your best to prevent it... or you will have that empty stomach feeling that is in my guts...right now...

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
People should always value what they are given. But of course it us always unfortunate when someone loses something whether they are being careful or not. I remember once I was practicing some coin sleights in my car and the coin slipped out of my hand and into a crack. The same happened to a Rubik's cube piece. Although these things could easily be replaced, I was disappointed when that happened and of course, I was young.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Ouch Luis, that stinks man. I feel your pain, just not as much. I was performing at an airport once during a layover and accidentally left a $20.00 strolling effect sitting there.

Is there any way you can call the location and have them check under the tables for a "magic object" sticking to the bottom? I bet they don't even wipe under there and it could potentially still be there. Just a thought. How far is the place from your house?

Jun 1, 2009
Last night I almost freaked when I thought my Free Will effect fell out of my pocket. Turns out I just absentmindedly left it in my car haha. I can't recall actually losing any effects, although I'm sure I have some decks that have fallen under my headboard.

D@n

Oct 11, 2011
Last year I had The Bat clipped to my sleeve and when going to my gym locker to change into gym clothes I noticed it was missing. My stomach dropped a little and I looked around for it, checking my pockets and nearby lockers. Then after backtracking a for a short period of time I found it stuck to a metal door I walked by to get to my locker. Apparently it had pulled itself out of my sleeve without me noticing as I brushed past the door.
Dan

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hey everybody!! just a heads up!! I found my M5!! it was sticked to a window in my house...it seems somebody found it during the christmas party and stick it, also because my girlfriend told me she was pretty sure it was in my house...anyway...thanks to everyone...

Sadly, I think that we have all lost an important gimmick at one time or another. This provides us with a valuable lesson as you have said, but the best thing we can do is learn from this lesson and remember this next time. Although, don't give up on trying to locate the M5, because just as we all have lost things, I'm sure at one point or another, we've all been pleasantly surprised to find an item that we thought we had lost too.

So keep looking. Don't give up, and mith any luck (and maybe a bit of magic) someone will find it!

Dylan P.

Feb 25, 2012
I once killed a spectators pet dog right in front of them during a performance. I think your gonna be ok.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Sadly, I think that we have all lost an important gimmick at one time or another. This provides us with a valuable lesson as you have said, but the best thing we can do is learn from this lesson and remember this next time. Although, don't give up on trying to locate the M5, because just as we all have lost things, I'm sure at one point or another, we've all been pleasantly surprised to find an item that we thought we had lost too.

So keep looking. Don't give up, and mith any luck (and maybe a bit of magic) someone will find it!

Dylan P.

Hey man...

some posts before I told everybody I found it!!! stucked in a window!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results