A Little Conversation With a Kid Who Reveals Magic on YouTube

May 31, 2008
Yesterday I was on Youtube looking at performances of Search and Destroy by Aaron Fisher. In the related videos section I noticed a reveal video (ugghh.) I thought for a while and got an idea. I looked around for lots of tutorials of Ellusionist, Penguin, and Theory11 effects. I sent a message to five different users who reveal effects on Youtube. This was the exact message:

"I'm not going to complain and tell you that you are a disgrace to magic; I'm simply going to ask you: Why?

Why do you reveal tricks?

You are a magician. Magicians do not reveal the secrets of effects to their spectators, so why would you reveal them on Youtube? I spent a lot of time trying to master Indecent. What if some guy who wanted to know how it's done searched on Youtube. He finds your video and shows everyone else who saw it. Thus, ruining my effect.

Please answer this message. I would really appreciate it.

Dave"

Only one person responded, they will remain nameless:

"You tell me magicians don't reveal magic, yet if you go to the internet or your local magic shop, and you wave some money under the owners nose, he'll drop that code to not sell magic as part of the "magicians brotherhood" like a bad habit. So I feel that getting this out for free is alot better. And why don't you tell this to other magicians that do bad tricks? Just cause these are popular tricks doesn't make them any different than those crappy ones... So why do you make fun of me?"

My response:

"Paying an artist for their effect is their choice. It's how they make money. I sent this to a few other people."

His response:

"Then I choose to give it for free. It's my choice. So lay off me, k?"

My response:

"If you were to create your own effects and then teach them for free I would have no problem with that. However you are teaching other artists' effects which they have worked very hard on and deserve the money if they want to sell it."

His response:

"Well tough bananas for them, cause the effects I reveal also have other people that reveal them to. I don't care what you say. Don't PM again. I won't respond either way."

I did not send him another message, but he sent me one:

"In your street magic video, you did the stupidist tricks, and you hired a black kid to run a way, and a fat guy to clap. Wow... Just wow..."

I would have like to have responded to him and tell him that I did not hire those two people, but I thought it would be best if I just let him be.

I would like to get your thoughts on our little conversation and if you think I handled it well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
The Last Comment he sent you really Pissed Me Off! I am infuriated that he F***ing Said That! He Is over there with his little web cam and he doesn't even know how to perform and the only way he gets friends (Only On The Internet might I add Because it's impossible for him to get real friends) Is By Revealing Effects On You tube! I had to go on a rant there, I'm Sorry.

May 31, 2008
The Last Comment he sent you really Pissed Me Off! I am infuriated that he F***ing Said That! He Is over there with his little web cam and he doesn't even know how to perform and the only way he gets friends (Only On The Internet might I add Because it's impossible for him to get real friends) Is By Revealing Effects On You tube! I had to go on a rant there, I'm Sorry.

No problem. I wanted to send him a message just like that.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Wow, very interesting read. You did handle "anonymous" well, however, it's pretty much like arguing with a stone, you won't get anything back, thanks for the effort though. Even if you do, you won't get anything reasonable back.

Again, very interesting topic!

Respect,

-Sanj

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I loled at that last comment. But i think you shouldn't have anything to do with him. If he wants to do bad magic, then let him. He's the kind of guy who grows up to be 30 and still live with his parents and hasn't kissed a girl in his life because he's a jerk, he failed to study, and failed to practice his magic. So there goes his chance of getting a job, getting a girl, or being a professional magician.

Oct 22, 2008
very funny... sort of the same thing happened here. I told a kid to stop revealing and he than went on every one of my vids (most had about 5 or 4 stars) and he rated every single vid a one star. Not only that but he commented like on ur but a couple of my vids saying all crap. I just want to let kids like this know that they should go F&&K them selves. The moderators could delete this, but I am just trying to prove a point on how not only disrespectful they are for revealing copyrighted material but also that many of these kids are just obnoxious brats and have no utter respect at all including in their personality.

-Jake

Here is what I sent to this guy that was revealing sinful by w.h.

Hey, you shouldn't expose tricks because wayne and criss are profiting off of these tricks. Why don't you go make your own tricks and sell them for free? You are disrespected by the magic community so just take this video down.

( I pmed him on youtube)

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Yesterday I was on Youtube looking at performances of Search and Destroy by Aaron Fisher. In the related videos section I noticed a reveal video (ugghh.) I thought for a while and got an idea. I looked around for lots of tutorials of Ellusionist, Penguin, and Theory11 effects. I sent a message to five different users who reveal effects on Youtube. This was the exact message:

"I'm not going to complain and tell you that you are a disgrace to magic; I'm simply going to ask you: Why?

Why do you reveal tricks?

You are a magician. Magicians do not reveal the secrets of effects to their spectators, so why would you reveal them on Youtube? I spent a lot of time trying to master Indecent. What if some guy who wanted to know how it's done searched on Youtube. He finds your video and shows everyone else who saw it. Thus, ruining my effect.

Please answer this message. I would really appreciate it.

Dave"

Only one person responded, they will remain nameless:

"You tell me magicians don't reveal magic, yet if you go to the internet or your local magic shop, and you wave some money under the owners nose, he'll drop that code to not sell magic as part of the "magicians brotherhood" like a bad habit. So I feel that getting this out for free is alot better. And why don't you tell this to other magicians that do bad tricks? Just cause these are popular tricks doesn't make them any different than those crappy ones... So why do you make fun of me?"

My response:

"Paying an artist for their effect is their choice. It's how they make money. I sent this to a few other people."

His response:

"Then I choose to give it for free. It's my choice. So lay off me, k?"

My response:

"If you were to create your own effects and then teach them for free I would have no problem with that. However you are teaching other artists' effects which they have worked very hard on and deserve the money if they want to sell it."

His response:

"Well tough bananas for them, cause the effects I reveal also have other people that reveal them to. I don't care what you say. Don't PM again. I won't respond either way."

I did not send him another message, but he sent me one:

"In your street magic video, you did the stupidist tricks, and you hired a black kid to run a way, and a fat guy to clap. Wow... Just wow..."

I would have like to have responded to him and tell him that I did not hire those two people, but I thought it would be best if I just let him be.

I would like to get your thoughts on our little conversation and if you think I handled it well.

lol.
Hey man, do you know what you should have done? You should have wrote to him that theory11 warning that they have on their DVDs that say things like, "Lets say you made a new dessert and a "stole" your dessert and the selling it through New York, you'd be unhappy" or however the actual sentence goes.

Even though it's comical, it's true.

May 31, 2008

Hey, you shouldn't expose tricks because wayne and criss are profiting off of these tricks. Why don't you go make your own tricks and sell them for free? You are disrespected by the magic community so just take this video down.

( I pmed him on youtube)

I don't think that is the best way to say it. You're sort of talking down to him. Try to make him feel like a person (even though he barely is.) You're probably going to stir up an argument with lots of swearing and profanity.

May 31, 2008
Yeah, but I don't curse.

The stupid kid probably does though.

lol.
Hey man, do you know what you should have done? You should have wrote to him that theory11 warning that they have on their DVDs that say things like, "Lets say you made a new dessert and a "stole" your dessert and the selling it through New York, you'd be unhappy" or however the actual sentence goes.

Even though it's comical, it's true.

It goes, "Imagine that you created a new type of flavored popsicle frozen desert. Maybe it's a cross between a watermelon and a crab.

Now, theoretically let's assume that I invented a "popsicle cloning machine" that I used to "rip" your creation and create billions of illegal copies of your tasty dessert that I then distributed in the middle of New York. You'd be unhappy.

Well, ripping this DVD is pretty much the same thing. And probably contributes to global warming, and/or herpes, and/or really bad feelings about yourself, you thieveing communist. (Section 14.4.3 Theory 11 handbook of warning etc.)"

I'm currently watching volume II of Dangerous. :)

Sep 1, 2007

Yeah. That'll show him.

very funny... sort of the same thing happened here. I told a kid to stop revealing and he than went on every one of my vids (most had about 5 or 4 stars) and he rated every single vid a one star. Not only that but he commented like on ur but a couple of my vids saying all crap. I just want to let kids like this know that they should go F&&K them selves. The moderators could delete this, but I am just trying to prove a point on how not only disrespectful they are for revealing copyrighted material but also that many of these kids are just obnoxious brats and have no utter respect at all including in their personality.

-Jake

Hmmm. I would agree with that highly if I weren't a Christian dude.
Well, what are we gonna do? If they wanna be booty-holes, let them be.
While they live in their parents basement, never getting a date, and hate every magician on the planet, I am getting rich, getting a wife, and going to heaven when I die.

Now you tell me who wins in the above paragraph.
Remember the old saying, "Don't wrestle with a pig; you both get dirty and the pig likes it."

theJoker

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York

( I pmed him on youtube)

Don't bother, your not going to change their minds, its pointless arguments....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results