A little trickery

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
That is weird. I made that exact thing like 2 days ago o.0. LOL, I hate when this happens. But, anyway Beautiful performance=) 5/5

-Alex

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Eh, I liked it. Begs the question of why the card went in face down, and came over face up - but it sparked my imaginatin.

*goes get some cards*

Gustav

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
eak, aaag, arrgg, I admit, you have some nice technique in you... but the amount of UNNECESSARY card handling is just extremely painful to watch . Do you really really need to riffle, spread, spin, fan, the cards that much? Honestly, I would have noticed your refined technique a LOT more if that is all you showed, but you completely flooded it and hid it with just visual noise.

I know it is hard to not flood the screen with visual noise and unnecessary flourishes, because we handle the deck and practice so much, but 100% honesty, the presentation/video would have been 10 times better if you just did the trick... MAYBE, just maybe 1 pirouette at the end as you turn it over back face down onto the deck. A little flare to go out with, and that is all.

I do not mean to sound harsh, and if you disagree that is ok, but before you disagree too quickly, please watch the video and read the post that Liquidsn (aka Tony Chang) makes on his magic blog about visual noise.

http://www.doublefacers.com/2008/11/lesson-1-visual-noise/

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Wadstrand: I really never had a problem with the "face down, face up" thing. I specifically wanted the card to suddenly appear and surprise the spec. But thanks for the comment anyway.

Thanks TokyoUW, i did think myself after watching the vid back a couple times that there is a little bit too much. I did want to show that it's a shuffled deck though and i did do the spins as a subconscious tick.
Thanks for the critique.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
hehe yeah. I do the spins a lot too. But I do for some reason that is unknown to me have two modes of magic now: Performing and Practicing. when practicing, I do the spins a lot, but as soon as I enter a peformance mindset, they stop unconsciously =)

But again, your technique is really crisp and clean, and un unfumbled (if that is word). teehee.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results