A New Routine: Need Your Oppinion

Jul 26, 2009
So I think I have come across my own original effect.

Two cards are taken from the deck. In this case the two black kings. Those cards are then placed face to face. Then visually the cards morph to become one. The card can be passed around but only the magician can seperate the two cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne96eflo6Eo

Please let me know what you think. I have tried it on a couple spectators and i get unbelievable reactions. The spectator is let completely speechless.

Aug 3, 2009
I have actually done that exact same thing. I performed it slightly different than the way you did it, but the only difference was the handling of the cards in between the effects. Looks good, but I dont think it is new. Keep trying things though, you only get more original by trying to be original. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2009
Nice, I have two methods in mind (but thats not important). Fairly creative, keep it up man.

Jul 26, 2009
I had never seen Anniversary Waltz before, but after just watching it i can see the similarities. I guess the premace is the same except for when i seperate the cards in front of the spectator

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
It's nothing completely new, your handling might be, but the premise isn't brand new. Lee Asher rips a card that is only back to back into four of a kind in The Ripper, not sure if he ever has the back/back examined (could be).

Your handling was very clever, I only watched it once, and nothing seemed unnatural. A lot of people would disagree, but they probably think natural vs. unnatural differently than I do. The moves are (mostly) justified, and the only improvement would be if you didn't need the deck to facilitate the moves (I know I need the deck, though it is an interesting challenge).

I like the creativity, especially if it was original to yourself (you weren't influenced by another similar trick).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results