A plea about reviews

Sep 2, 2007
Guys, I know that when you first receive a new product, the first thing you want to do is open it and watch it/play with it, and the second thing you want to do is hop on here and write a review, but when you feel the urge to do that, please inject yourself with enough morphine to put you out for a few hours, just to give yourself time to think it over.

Think about it. How can you possibly write a detailed, informed review when you opened something a few hours ago? Simply put, you can't.

So for effects and dvds, I suggest watching them, then spending at least a few weeks if not a few months going out and performing the material for people. Show it to different age groups, different locations, different demographics, etc. Practice the material, get really familiar with it, then use it for a while. Then write a lucic, informed review that will really help others to know whether or not to buy the product.

With cards, same thing. I suggest using a single deck for a good month or so before posting a review, just so you REALLY know how that deck will age and handle when it's older. Rather than opening the deck and writing a review a matter of minutes or hours later, really give those cards a chance to demonstrate their full range of attributes before writing a glowing review and coming back ten minutes later going, "Changed my mind, they clump now and all the cards squirt out when I fan, these cards suxxoorz! Pwwwnwedd 80!"

I know you're excited, but just relax and take things one step at a time. Make sure you really know an effect/deck inside and out before posting anything on it. It would keep the reviews much more informed and helpful.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
So for effects and dvds, I suggest watching them, then spending at least a few weeks if not a few months going out and performing the material for people. Show it to different age groups, different locations, different demographics, etc. Practice the material, get really familiar with it, then use it for a while. Then write a lucic, informed review that will really help others to know whether or not to buy the product

True... but I think you can guage the effectiveness of an effect way before that amount of time.
I definitely think you should be able to perform the effect and have performed it for actual people before writing a proper review, but I expect some are just excited and so are posting first impressions etc.

So I agree to an extent, but not fully.

Sep 1, 2007
While I do agree with the majority of what you said I have to say that there are exceptions. I have seen very poor quality instructional DVD's that were obvious after watching one time.

However, D&D's The System, is an example of a DVD that needs alot of time to evaluate with any constructive criticism.

As for cards, I don't think, I myself, needs to handle a deck for a month to be able to evaluate them. Take the Guardians for example, when the deck breaks down in 1/4 of the time as a regular deck of Bikes, then there really isn't much more to evaluate.

Sure I can assume I got a bad deck, but I opened another deck and found the same results.
Maybe I got a bad batch, but at the risk of losing more money I will review the decks I recieved.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results