A Question for Sweaty Cardists

S_Darth

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2013
India
So as the Title says this Question is Specially for Cardists with Sweaty Palms & Hands.

How in the world do you Guys practice Cardistry for Hours, without being bothered by your Sweaty Palms, especially when practicing moves like Spring, Dribbles & Fans (Even some 2 handed cuts) ? They ANNOY me so much that every deck I practice with gets black spots and moisture very fast, including Brand New Out of the Box Decks. And Living in a Humid Country makes this even worse, my decks sort of bend (maybe warp) and they lose their springing power along with the noise.
Its so Frustrating that I get discouraged from practicing cardistry (especially when I'm trying to master a flourish).

Help, Advice, Suggestions, Replies would be Very Much Appreciated. Cuz Sweaty Palms is the Only thing that Demotivates me.

venom546

Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
What I do is wash my hands before I play with my cards every time. It helps get rid of the sweaty hands for a little while. Then just wash my hands when I feel like I should. Yeah it sucks to have to do it but it works. I had the same problem but now I can play with brand new playing cards and not worry about them getting all destroyed. I hope this helps and good luck :D

Aug 3, 2013
Yes, washing your hands does help. But there is a trick that you can do that keeps your hands from sweating for around 30 minutes. Simply run your hands under cold water, or submerge them in cold water for 3-5 minutes. That should keep your hands from sweating for a long time. Also, having your hands sweat isn't a bad thing either. Sure it can destroy cards over time, but sometimes warmth or sweat is needed, such as flourishes that require a one card disposition. So never think of sweaty hands as all bad, because both cold and hot handed people both have their pros and cons to both. Hope this helps.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Use talcum or baby powder. It has helped me a TON. You can buy small pouches that you can even put in your pocket, really convenient. Don't try to get it through TSA though, looks really bad. :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results