A Very Merry Christmas... to Vegas

Hey everyone,

Hope you're having a great holiday season (I certainly am) and in the spirit of the season I was wondering if you all could give me hand.

I found out on Christmas that Im heading to Vegas on January 3rd and I need to know what magicalness I should witness while Im there. So, if you've been to Vegas, live in Vegas, or happen to be very educated about it I need reccomendations of shows, sites and anything else you guys and few gals can think of.

Happy holidays,
-RA69

Ah..I'm in Vegas right now myself!

David Copperfield will be performing at the MGM Grand Hollywood Theatre for some time. The show is SPLENDID. The only downside was that I never got picked to go on stage. :(

And Spinettis Gaming Supply and the Gambler's General Store are a MUST if you are a die hard card fanatic.

And near MGM Grand is an M&M store. They have lots of neat stuff in there. You should definitely go check it out if you are a fan of M&Ms.

Oh and magicians perform regularly outside of this restaurant. (La Salsa Cantina.) They perform really well and if you walk by it, I suggest that you watch them! It was amazing for me because I've never watched a real close up magician perform live before.

There are also Las Vegas (Premium and regular) outlets and malls if you like to go shopping.

That's about all I know of. I've been mostly just chillin' with my family and walking around Las Vegas Blvd.

I'd love to here about your experience later. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

;D

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yes, definitely get tickets for Copperfield. There's usually a 7 pm and a 10 pm show everyday. Sometimes even a show at 4:30. Fantastic show. If you're lucky, you might get chosen to be part of the "13" illusion. A word of warning: If you or anyone else at your table order a drink, hold onto it tightly when the 13 exercise balls are thrown into the audience ;)
If you're into it, see the Blue Man Group (Venetian) or Cirque Du Soleil's "O" (Bellagio). Both are amazing and totally worth the money.

Although it's pricey, check out the roller coaster at the New York New York. It's CRAZY. If you want more rides/roller coasters and such you could head down the strip to the Stratosphere and the Adventure Dome in Circus Circus.

Make sure you see the free volcano show in front of the Mirage. They re-made it to be much more than just one eruption. There's tribal music and synchronized torches in the water and everything.

From there you can walk to the Bellagio. See a few of the fountain shows while you're there. They're pretty fantastic. (If you've seen Ocean's 11 you should check out the Bellagio itself. It's awesome).
Speaking of free shows, DO NOT see the "Lake of Dreams" show at the Wynn. It was basically a giant inflatable frog that appeared over a fountain and sang a country song. Very bizarre.

And finally, make sure to see the "Siren's of TI" pirate show in front of Treasure Island. It's also free. Here's a tip that most people don't know: About 30 minutes before the show starts, people start crowding around and filling up the boardwalk thing that surrounds the ships on the water. Unless you want to get there early so you can be squashed together with a bunch of drunk, sweaty people, don't waste your time. Instead, avoid Treasure Island completely and walk across the street to the Palazzo. There's a balcony outside that's above street level that gives you a perfect view of the show. And, there are a lot less people.

Have fun!

Nov 30, 2007
I would recommend Houdini's Magic Shop at Caesars Palace. It has a nice little museum in it with Houdini handcuffs, keys, etc.

I would also recommend Mac King's afternoon show highly! Very highly! The tickets are only about 20-25 dollars a piece I believe and his show is truly amazing. He is an incredible performer that gets the audience laughing. I thoroughly enjoyed his show and he is a great guy, I got to meet him and grab a picture with him afterward.

I would also recommend Steve Wyrick's show. His reviews have been iffy it seems, but I loved his show. It is almost a mixture between magic and a play at times. Great magic, great talent, great showmanship, and a great show! His tickets are a bit more pricey I believe, but I enjoyed the show.

In addition to just magic, if you are into hiking at all, Red Rock Canyon is pretty close to Vegas and is a cool place to see.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, hopefully I can help! Hope you have a great time, I definitely did when I went!

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I would recommend Houdini's Magic Shop at Caesars Palace. It has a nice little museum in it with Houdini handcuffs, keys, etc.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. It's a pretty cool mini-museum. As a magic shop though, it's Houdini's so the focus is on selling as much stuff as possible to the uneducated masses. I picked up a pocket version of Erdnase and the guy kept hassling me to buy the additional pamphlets and DVD set for 70 bucks. Kinda pissed me off. So, if you're looking for good magic shops go to Benny and Lee's like others have said and when you go to Houdini's, look at the artifacts, buy only what you intended to buy, and then get the hell out :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results