A work in progress.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Hey guys, this is an effect I have been working on for a while. I have yet to come up with a presentation or script that I like, but at this point I'd love to just hear reviews on the moves themselves. The currently linked video will be edited out soon (hopefully tomorrow night) in exchange for a better shot/angle.
[video=youtube;dm_1rFxfXb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm_1rFxfXb4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
The effect itself seems to be mechanically straightforward. Your deal looks relatively good but you hesitated/got stuck at certain points. You could give the standard "This card was attracted to you" presentation. I heard a weird presentation of warm blooded people are attracted to other warm blooded entities (Red cards). Another interesting bit of patter was actually a story, similar to the movie Fight Club. The white backed cards represent the white-collar division of the world and the red card represents the one person that breaks from the norm. When they pick the red card, you could say that they too are destined to break away from the norm. There are tons of ideas for this kind of trick, it really just has to suit your personal tastes. I rarely do these sorts of effects, but I'm into a different kind of magic all together.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Thanks for the reply Pav! As far as the patter is concerned, I've really been focusing on presenting the effect as if the selection is normal, and the card changes back colors after the fact. The reason for that being the multiple back changes that occur throughout the effect, as well as trying to take the moment of the revelation away from the selection process; at least a little bit. Thanks for the new perspective on it though, I honestly hadn't even thought of playing it as their selection being the defining moment. I'll see how it feels/plays. Also, as to the big hesitation's during dealing, my friend who was helping me out asked me to stop twice, then decided he wanted to keep going further. As far as the minor ones go, I need to work on it!! My problems arise when I'm having to switch between multiple forms of dealing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results