Aaron Fisher's Gravity Half Pass Performance

Sep 6, 2007
There's tricks that I do where the spectators POV is the very same where the camera was in this video.

I think we all do tricks from that spectators POV, or at least we've done them in the past. In my case I do them and they work really well.

Thank you for your comment about my pass, I've been working on it, it's not an easy move.

Sep 6, 2007
Thank you for your comment. The mechanics of it are nowhere near the ones of the mechanical reverse. This is completly invisibel from above and from the front. It's called Gravity Half Pass for a reason.

I will post another video from the front, I did it from this POV because that's the point of view of the spectator when I do certain tricks, in some of them I use the half pass.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You shouldn't have spectators underneath you when doing this pass. I think your dog has seen too much. :D

Very nice pass by the way. I keep flashing from the top. I have to work on that.

Sep 6, 2007
Funny, I was just telling my brother that. My puppy saw too much, so if you see a white miniature schnauzer on tv with a black mask revealing this move then you know which puppy it was.

Oct 17, 2007
SG
I can't really tell if it was good or not, since I think the most difficult part of the move is the positioning of the left fingers so that they don't flash from the front. I can't see that in this video clip, but thats very important.

Also the gravity half pass is covered by apparently raising the cards to the fingertips and squaring. Without that motion, the move is still invisible but ends up looking like you're 'mugging' the deck for no reason. That's another important point.

Sep 6, 2007
I'll post a video from the front this weekend. And if you read Aaron's book, he mentions that the part where he raises the deck to the finger tips is optional. But you are right, it's important after all. I was so focused on not going out of camera on while doing the trick that I didn't pay attention to the end of the move. But it's still invisible no matter what.

Sep 1, 2007
It's still under construction but I think it's looking pretty good.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Na7KYeZvHAY

Very clean. The move is angle sensitive (as alluded to by one of the comments there at youtube) but you did a good job with it when looking at it from above. After it, don't forget to have the deck raised to your fingertips so there is motivation for your hands slightly moving. Other than that it was very good.

Juan

Sep 2, 2007
Very clean. The move is angle sensitive (as alluded to by one of the comments there at youtube) but you did a good job with it when looking at it from above. After it, don't forget to have the deck raised to your fingertips so there is motivation for your hands slightly moving. Other than that it was very good.

Juan

You're joking right? If this was a live performance you would've had the deck closer to his hip and teh only way you can see it is basically from underneath

Sep 6, 2007
The move is not angle sensitive, unless you do a trick for someone that's laying on the floor.

Thank you for all your comments, I worked on this for almost 2 years. I have yet to meet someone that can do this as well, besides Aaron.

I will post a tutorial of this tomorrow

Just kidding, hehe. I bet some hearts got excited.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Curse you!! I clicked reply as I read "tutorial" I clicked back and was about to go mental. :p

This is a really nice GHP :) For those of you thinking this is angle sensitive I'd suggest doing your best to go see Aaron perform somewhere. When he performs this it's like there's not a half pass taking place but the other cards just turn face up.

Seriously, it's such a nice sleight - sure it takes some work to get smooth and nice looking - but by learning it you're doing yourself a favour.

Nice one again, man.

- Sean

The move is not angle sensitive, unless you do a trick for someone that's laying on the floor.

Thank you for all your comments, I worked on this for almost 2 years. I have yet to meet someone that can do this as well, besides Aaron.

I will post a tutorial of this tomorrow

Just kidding, hehe. I bet some hearts got excited.

Two years on one move?! You're very committed to your magic. That's twice as long as I've been doing magic...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results