Aaron Fishers One handed pop over move?

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Hello!

I have been working on this move for a while and i have a problem with it. Everything works fine, but it is really slow.

How did you get your upp to speed? Just keep doing it over and over?

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
just practice until your fingers have the movement pattern down so smooth that it happens in a split second. Dont get discouraged just keep practicing ;)

Strengthen your hands, once you do then you will have much more control over the cards and their speed, for me it took me a couple of days I think, I learned this move a long time ago so I can't remember but keep practicing.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
I got it down perfect now, thank you guys.

Do you guys always snap the cards into a fan after the production like Aaron does on the video? I find that quit hard if the deck is not brand new.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I almost always do go into a fan with it, yes, as that hides the diagonally jogged nature of the production. It makes it look like it came straight out of the deck.

Dec 7, 2009
brownsville
I got it down perfect now, thank you guys.

Do you guys always snap the cards into a fan after the production like Aaron does on the video? I find that quit hard if the deck is not brand new.

yeah! i had that same problem at first. due to the "outjogged production".. but my advice to you (besides practice) is try doing the move in a smooth motion. what i mean is dont worry if the move does not come out as smooth. With time and yes pracitce you will see that the speed and smoothness will come out perfect!!

But yes, practice a lot ! =D

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Do you re position the card a bit before the fan? Because if its sticking out that far that it does after the production it falls out for me.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Do you guys get the fan perfect when doing it after the pop over? I can do a fan after but they are pretty ugly compared to when you do a normal fan.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The fan after the popover is pretty much the same as all of my fans, but I don't claim to ever do 'perfect' fans.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Just a bit of practice and you should be able to do a fan immediately afterwords. I had more trouble with the popover then the fan afterwords.:D It's also easier to fan with your index finger instead of your thumb. That way you don't have to reposition the deck. Hope this helps.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Indeed. Once I figured out the tilting thing, fans became easy. I'm still working on getting the popover 100% though. It's up there, but not at what I would consider a performance level yet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results